Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

things i've noticed in my 3 months back.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things i've noticed in my 3 months back.....

I got my first snake in 1987 while a freshman in college, a small red tail(bci). through the next 4 years of college fun i had 2 copperheads, a gaboom, a retic, several burmese, a Bp, sand boas, and a bunch of lizards. At one point I had 42 reptiles all at the same time. Kinda crazy for a college kid with limited money and limited space. I sold all but 2 snakes after my senior year and then sold the remaining 2 by year 1999. Marriage, twins, new houses, more hobbies etc kept me out of the game until this year. I always misses my little guys. I keep thinking back how times have changes and now have a 3 month look back.

Things that have changed:
    -Cages who knew that a 4x2x1 cage would be better than the 8x4x4xdisplay cage that we had at the frat house.
    - Heat, then we had hot rocks, light bulbs and space heaters(in cages) to maintain heat, now we have heat tape, RHP's and thermostats (herpstat,Ranco etc...)
    -Morphs, morphs, morphs
    -Now we have Forums, communities, web support and kingsnake, back then it was pet city, outdated books and trial by error.
    -we now have a better understanding of these animals and the tech age has helped out quite a bit.

Things that have not changed
    -Boa's still interest me and i also want to know more about them.
    -Feeding them is always fun and stressful for me
    -I always like to educate people about my animals whenever i can.
    -they are amazing animals and a welcome part of my family

Other things I have noticed within the last 3 months:
    -RTB is a large family, very close, very informed and we all care about each other a lot even with the differences we bring to it.
    -The government is a total piece of junk and should worry about more important issues. I also now understand how the people are really not heard with their voice but with their pocket book.
    -I don't understand the separation of the reptile world, you would think the entire reptile world would come together to fight off issues not just those being effected.
    -A lot of people love their Boas and Pythons

I know there is more but i just thought i would share.
    Shawn

Re: things i've noticed in my 3 months back.....

Very perceptive outlook. I enjoyed that thank you

Comment

Originally posted by dapozer View Post
      I also now understand how the people are really not heard with their voice but with their pocket book.
      That...my friend is true. I am almost ashamed to say that I am a fundraiser and 100% of my phone calls this time of year are about raising money for the Republican Party. People are very informed and when they ask me to relay a message I wish there was a way I could. Of course I have to tell them that I will do my best to make their concerns heard and I am technically telling the truth. Every single call is recorded and they are listened to at random. But the bottom line is really..how much money will you give me?

I have been asking to call to raise money for Haiti and I believe tomorrow I will. I have been volunteering my time lately and calling to raise money for "Food For The Poor" who is a great organization. Several employees asked what they could do to help Haiti and my company offered to make calls for free on behalf of FFP and so that is why we are volunteers and not getting paid. I didnt mean to make this so long WHOOPS!

Comment

nice shawn it was a good little read and very true

Comment

That was a great story bro! I enjoyed it thoroughly! All is ask is can you please fix the spelling of college? its like the mole in Austin Powers, I just can't help it bro! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Burgos View Post
            That was a great story bro! I enjoyed it thoroughly! All is ask is can you please fix the spelling of college? its like the mole in Austin Powers, I just can't help it bro! lol
            lol MOOOOOLE haha

Comment

Working...
            X