:( sucks but happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( sucks but happens

I just want to say sorry i haven't really been on in the last week.... been busy with Christmas and the baby.... and last Wednesday not yesterday last week.... i went into my snake room to find 2 dead boas and 1 regurded so what i can tell it was bad rats because i fed on Monday....all the other snakes seem fine healthy and lots of tongue flickering....so i guess thats all just be careful and remember in this hobby stuff happens as to many of us know, and its part of the life i just thank god i only lost 2 it could have been so much worse....

so have a good day yall and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Mike

Re: sucks but happens

Very sorry to hear that Mike. It does happen from time to time and is a tough part of keeping these animals. Hope you and your's have a very Merry Christmas. If you need anything you know how to reach me.

Comment

That sucks man..it has happened to me a couple times. A few years ago I lost 4 baby ATBs and this year I lost 4 or 5 baby boas due to bad feeders that most of the litter regurged.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses Mike, I keep praying that won't happen to me but you never know.

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mike. I am glad the others are doing OK though brother.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Thanks all i guess the only good thing that came from it was my wife....well go buy another boa lol.... just not ready for another for another right away

Comment

Mike so sorry to hear about this, which boas did you lose if you don't mind me asking.
              The jungle I got at the last narbc show I lost and it is emotionally trying on you.
              Just know it happens to us all. I know when it happen to me I kept being hard on myself as if there was something more I could have done but sometimes it just happens.
              Where with you brother.

Comment

That suck man. Sorry to hear it. Hope you family has a Merry Christmas!

-Sean in NoCal
                “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
                -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that bro. It does happen bro, even to the best of us. It's just part of the game of keeping wild animals captive in our home. If you keep boas long enough you're gonna lose a few along the way.

I'm not making light of it. I just want you to know it wasn't your fault and reassure you that you ARE a good keeper bro.

Comment

Originally posted by snake77 View Post
                    Mike so sorry to hear about this, which boas did you lose if you don't mind me asking.
                    I lost my '08 Salmon ph bino 1/8 suri from Big Mike

and my '10 DH Ghost Aby from Dave Morgan

And my '10 Salmon jungle het bino regurded Just checked on him again and he still seems fine

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this Mike.

It does happen, unfortunately. But two at once is a heck of a blow.

I hope the one who regurged is ok after this.

You have my sympathies.
                      "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

Bad feeders? Like frozen one game them something like food poison? Sorry if this is a dumb question

Comment

And sorry for the bad luck

Comment

Wow Mike. That is really crappy. I am soo sorry that you lost some snakes. Try to have a good Christmas even though it will be hard with this weighing on your mind.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

That's really awful, sorry to hear about this. It's odd that it happened to two totally different sized snakes, i.e. not from the same batch/bag of rats. I would probably toss everything in the freezer and look at a new supplier if I were in your shoes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X