Momma Passed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momma Passed....

Well just an update, The momma thats litter had some complications in side her and had an infection passed about 3 hrs ago. What makes this absolutely hard is she was my first boa. The most docile boa I ever had and an absolute sweet heart.
    Just one thing I would like to reinerate is that when I first got into boas and absolutely loved everything about them I kept reading where if you really consider a boa a part of the family, and care for it then the best thing to do is not breed it do to the fact that you can lose it and it does happen often. Well I have to say I completely understand now exactly what I kept reading.
    So if any of you can learn from this it is very true if you breed them there is a chance of losing them even if they are in perfect health and everything is kept at optimal settings.

This is a picture from 2 yrs ago.
    Attached Files

Re: Momma Passed....

sorry for your lose,did you at least get to keep some of her babies ?

Comment

Aww man that sucks !! I know how you feel ... People sometimes forget the risks involved in breeding , may this be a reminder to all , including myself. Thanks for sharing , I hate to hear the news thou.

Comment

Originally posted by reptileking77 View Post
        sorry for your lose,did you at least get to keep some of her babies ?
        No she lost them all.

Comment

Oh man I'm sooooooo sorry. It's always hard to loose a loveing pet. Even harder because of the outcome. I'll pray that you find comfort.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. My first snake was a het Albino bp. First time I ever tried breeding anything and her first time being bred. She became egg bound and died so I know it is hard especially when you lose your first.

Comment

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This wasnt suppose to happen. but yet again, i feel your pain, last month on March 2nd we lost our first boa. It was a very sad day. Im so sorry that you lost her i hope everyone in the family is ok. This sucks.

Comment

I am so, so sorry. That is never easy...

-Sean in NoCal
                “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
                -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

I am very sorry man. Words can never help ease the pain of a passing family member regardless if it is just a snake. Keep her memory alive.

I send my condolences.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

Sorry Eddie that's a horrible tough loss, I was really hoping she would pull through for you !

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Man Eddie I am really sorry to hear that. It is a tough loss. I lost a female in breeding 2 years ago. It is always tough but even more so when they are the beloved pet.

Comment

That's a tragedy, Eddie. I'm very, very sorry for your loss.
                        "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

That is awful. I'm very sorry. I'll be the first to admit that only blind optimism lets me press forward with my breeding plans. If I really believed that something like what you had to go through could happen to me I don't think I could pursue this.

Comment

Eddie im so very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be. Especially since she was your first boa and a loved pet. So sorry man.

Comment

What a double whammy, sorry to hear.... I keep this in my mind all the time that they can die, and it makes it a lot more nerve wracking..

As I have also lost a few snakes in the last half year I can totally understand your feelings. Time will heal these wounds, and hopefully time will bring you a successful litter for your troubles.

Comment

Working...
                              X