This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppy Mills

Need opinions on puppy mills for a project Im working on. Also, opinions on animal hoarding. thanks.

Re: Puppy Mills

puppy mills suck. i feel the same behavior being displayed in the snake trade too.
    not even that the husbandry is below par just i dont see the point in producing mass quantitys of animals for profit.
    imo there is NO selective breeding going into a puppy mill of any kind.
    define animal hording. because i'm unsure what constitutes it.
    haha all i do in my free time is look for more snakes to buy. and alot of time i buy them lol
    am i a horder??

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Boas FTW View Post
      am i a horder??

lol I hope not! Thanks for the response.

Comment

I think they're GREAT! I didn't even know we had puppies working in mills! Is this part of Obamacare?

IMVHO puppy mills are no bueno. Baaaad.

Animal hoarding is a mental disorder similar to OCD and related to depression in most cases. In the eyes of the afflicted the animals NEED them (and only THEM).
        This is much different then what most of us suffer from here. We have an addiction. We get the same feelings other addicts do when they're chasing minus the physical dependence AKA "dope sick".

The way to tell the difference is that an animal hoarder doesn't seek out and purchase the finest animals they can get. They mostly deal in "rescues".

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
          I think they're GREAT! I didn't even know we had puppies working in mills! Is this part of Obamacare?

IMVHO puppy mills are no bueno. Baaaad.

Animal hoarding is a mental disorder similar to OCD and related to depression in most cases. In the eyes of the afflicted the animals NEED them (and only THEM).
          This is much different then what most of us suffer from here. We have an addiction. We get the same feelings other addicts do when they're chasing minus the physical dependence AKA "dope sick".

The way to tell the difference is that an animal hoarder doesn't seek out and purchase the finest animals they can get. They mostly deal in "rescues".

Dirty Would mind expanding more on Puppy Mills.

I know what they are generally but I'm definitely not versed in
          how they work etc . . . and so forth

Thx

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
            Dirty Would mind expanding more on Puppy Mills.

I know what they are generally but I'm definitely not versed in
            how they work etc . . . and so forth

Thx
            Puppy mills are kennels that produce offspring SOLELY for wholesale purposes. They sell mainly to chain pet stores or in pet classifieds. Most of them have little regard for the animals health and well being, neither puppies OR the breeders.

Comment

Oh BTW, puppy mills should not be confused with novice breeders or what we call "backyard breeders" or those who have "accidental" litters. You often see these people outside Walmart offering puppies for sale. Not the same thing. Puppy Mills follow market trends and breed dogs they think will move quickly and sometimes even euthanize those that don't. They will breed *****es over and over until they can no longer produce offspring then they are usually (and thankfully as their lives are used up too) euthanized. Puppy mills are disgusting to be as forum friendly as possible.

Comment

Puppy mills are kennels that produce offspring SOLELY for wholesale purposes. They sell mainly to chain pet stores or in pet classifieds. Most of them have little regard for the animals health and well being, neither puppies OR the breeders.
                good definition Dirt! Hoarding is a different, but somewhat related topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Ross View Post
                  good definition Dirt! Hoarding is a different, but somewhat related topic.
                  The only way they are related is if it wasn't for puppy mills mass producing animals then hoarders wouldn't have so many to "care" for.

Unless you consider greed a mental disorder itself.

Comment

The only way they are related is if it wasn't for puppy mills mass producing animals then hoarders wouldn't have so many to "care" for.

Unless you consider greed a mental disorder itself.
                    I guess Im saying that there are a few Mills run by hoarders. In both cases, they dont think there's a problem with what they're doing. It's rare, but it happens. I have a cat hoarder down the street from me. They also own dog aggressive dogs that have killed a couple neighbor's dogs. Wow. talk about neighbor drama.

Comment

I know what puppy mills are, and I know people who have animals who came from one, but I've only seen the worst of the worst of them profiled and in the media. I can't imagine ALL of them are that way.... but I still don't like them, and it's mainly due to the fact they are NOT needed. There's thousands of dogs put down every day at shelters. These guys need homes badly, and they already exist so the thought of people pumping out puppies 24/7 , with the sole intention of only to produce as many as possible it seems unnecessary.

As for animal hoarding. I think it also is heavily related to mental illness as well. I've seen SO many animal hoarding (and item hoarding) things on tv and the way the people act ... you can tell something is wrong with them, and nothing just "wrong" , but something is actually off in their heads. So I think animal hoarding is horrible due to it always always ends in neglect (and worse) , but I feel for the people and it seems obvious to me the vast majority have some kind of mental issues and just don't really understand what they are actually doing to the animals they so boldy claim to love to pieces.

Comment

Puppy mills and animal hoarding are pretty much the same thing, except hoarders keep the animals due to fear of letting them go, and puppy mill owners make profit off of too many animals.

There are certain types of breeders I like, and others that I really dislike. Breeders who clearly love their snakes and treat them as much more than money making machines, are awesome. Breeders who think low of snakes and just have them for profit, really infuriate me. I think my dislike for that behavior has to do with my somewhat bias respect for snakes and the fact that, unlike inanimate objects, snakes are living things. This is why I hate hoarders and puppy mills so much. This is a living thing we are talking about here, and being alive is plenty reason to be respected.

Comment

You want to see the worst puppy mills, Tijuana Mexico. You ever see picture of 5 Chickens crammed into a small 2X2 cage? Picture 10 young dogs in a 4X2 chicken wire cage. If you need some real good information let me know my girl works in a vet for the last 6 years, I don't dare bring this up I could write a book. lol. "and I mean if you need key points and details including types of diseases from hoarders and puppy mills just let me know."

Comment

From what I understand puppy mills are very bad to their animals and show little regard for their animals lives. There are so many dogs and usually the conditions are terrible and unsanitary. It's basically just to turn a profit, which there is nothing wrong with a profit but there is a way to do things and a way not to do things. I think puppy mills are inhumane and often forget that they are dealing with living breathing animals that are suceptable to diseases and infections. I don't have a high regard for some breeders, because some of them are an embarassment. I've bought several boas from people that weren't very healthy and almost dying and nursed them back to health. I just think if your going to take responsibility for a bunch of animals than you need to treat each single one like it were your personal pet.

Comment

The only thing that pisses me off more than puppy mills are these "Signature" breed breeders.

Comment

Working...
                              X