Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any fridge -freezer experts around to advise ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fridge -freezer experts around to advise ??

Sorry if this is in the wrong place ... please move to the correct section if so ...

Looks like our Indesit fridge-freezer is beggared

It started making weird noises a few weeks ago then the fridge stopped working ....I did a google search .... ended up taking the internal back panel off ( situated in the freezer section ) and it was basically a block of ice .... using a hairdryer / hot water bottle and an ice pick I cleared all the ice , dried the area up and plugged it in again .... all fixed or so I thought ..... a week later it happened again so I followed the same procedure .... not as much ice this time ...... fixed again EXEPT this time the fix only lasted a day or so and the fridge is nearly room temp again

Don't know if it's best to pay someone to try and fix it including a call out fee .....or get a new one ...The fridge is 4 years old

Re: Any fridge -freezer experts around to advise ??

It sounds like it may need a new evaporator, if the back keeps icing up and temperatures are not staying steady. ( I work for an Appliance repair company )

Comment

Re: Any fridge -freezer experts around to advise ??

Originally posted by Trevor88 View Post
      It sounds like it may need a new evaporator, if the back keeps icing up and temperatures are not staying steady. ( I work for an Appliance repair company )
      Thanks ... The guy came out and told is to unplug it for at least 3 days and plug it in then .
      We left it for 5 days , plugged it back in and it's been working perfectly for the last week or so ... Fingers crossed .

Comment

Working...
      X