Super Ball Pythons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Ball Pythons?

Does anybody know anyone in the states still working with super balls? I've seen a handful of examples and would love to get one or even a pair, but can't seem to find anyone in the states working with them.

Re: Super Ball Pythons?

There's a facebook page for hybrid classifieds, have you asked around on there?

Comment

I've seen a couple people been sold "Ball Pythons" which were really super balls. The breeder couldn't sell them as supers because it intimidated people so they sold them as balls saying the parents were under 4' long. Of course in a couple years that proved wrong. Look around. They aren't common to find but they are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
        I've seen a couple people been sold "Ball Pythons" which were really super balls. The breeder couldn't sell them as supers because it intimidated people so they sold them as balls saying the parents were under 4' long. Of course in a couple years that proved wrong. Look around. They aren't common to find but they are out there.
        Well, that's shady. I'm not necessarily opposed to hybrids, but I think most people would want to know if there were some alien genetics in there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by natieb View Post
          but I think most people would want to know if there were some alien genetics in there.
          Yeah. I didn't believe them when they told me their "male" ball python was 6.5' long. Then they showed me. It was also vocal (hissy but not the "I'm about to bite your face off" hissing a scared snake does) and acted more like a blood than a ball. At least it wasn't a burmball sold as a normal ball... well, it might have been. I don't know how to tell the difference.

Comment

So a 'super ball' is a blood x BP-? I've never heard of that...and agree w/ natieb, it's SO NOT cool to sell hybrids as regulars.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
              So a 'super ball' is a blood x BP-? I've never heard of that...and agree w/ natieb, it's SO NOT cool to sell hybrids as regulars.
              Yes, and agreed. A burmball is a burmese python x ball python. Very hard to find them because it isn't easy to breed a male ball python to a female burmese and I'm 90% sure it doesn't work the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
                ...A burmball is a burmese python x ball python. Very hard to find them because it isn't easy to breed a male ball python to a female burmese and I'm 90% sure it doesn't work the other way around.
                Oh what a pity that it's hard to find burmballs! (yes, that was sarcasm!) That term at least sounds like what it is..."super ball" doesn't. thanks-

Comment

Originally posted by GoingPostal View Post
                  There's a facebook page for hybrid classifieds, have you asked around on there?
                  Do you know the name of the page? Seems like a good place to try at least

Comment

Hybrid Reptile Classifieds, sister page to Hybrid Reptiles Collection.

A super ball is what they call any short tail/blood x ball, I've seen them made with sstp and bloods so far. There's also the angry ball; superball x angolan I believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X