zam's 2016 cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zam's 2016 cruise

It's SO good to be HOME!!!!!!!!! Yes, it's nice to get away from the 'norm' occasionally but this cruise was seriously lacking in a lot of ways. Believe me, if this had been my first cruise, it would be my last as well. A lot of the reasons (pampering) we go on cruises were missing this time along with a few other things. Overall, it wasn't terrible, just not what was expected. Here are a few pics though, hope you enjoy them!

The first day on the ship, it POURED rain...

First sunset over the Gulf of Mexico:

Mr zam and our friend Tim playing mini golf on the upper deck:

Herping on the ship yields alligators:

First stop, Jamaica. Been there, done that, didn't even WANT the shirt...nasty place, Jamaica...

We did have a good time at Margaritaville there though...a $300+ bar tab threw us for a loop!

Second stop...Grand Cayman. Beautiful island, nice people, gorgeous sand and water...oh and rain too...LOTS of rain.

Final stop...Cozumel. We always enjoy Cozumel and this time was no different!

The last day on the cruise before I took down the door decorations

We are checking into a different cruise line for the next vacation, hopefully it will be better!
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Re: zam's 2016 cruise

Thanks for sharing, Zam! I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but I don't like the idea of spending money to go spend a lot more money, haha. Everything on the ship is so expensive!
    Previously jjurczyk

facebook.com/k1ssy

Comment

River cruises appeal far more to me, for some reason...but I'll probably never take one anyway. Yeah, they sure know they "gotcha" on a cruise!

Comment

My idea of a cruise is a "small" ocean vessel which has 4 single bunks in the north atlantic. No point of being on the water if you cannot feel the water. I like a bumpy ride.

Comment

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
          My idea of a cruise is a "small" ocean vessel which has 4 single bunks in the north atlantic. No point of being on the water if you cannot feel the water. I like a bumpy ride.
          I would just feel so 'trapped' with SO many ppl on a big ocean cruise ship...plus those nasty illnesses they've been known to "share"...not to mention the crimes the crew can get away with in international waters.
          And ace, I know what you mean...I've gone whale-watching several times & always love to stand at the bow of the boat with the wind & the salt spray in my face. I also like kayaking...it's peaceful & quiet (well, depending
          on the river, lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica View Post
            I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but I don't like the idea of spending money to go spend a lot more money, haha. Everything on the ship is so expensive!
            Spending MORE money is not necessary, it's only the 'extras' that cost extra.

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
            No point of being on the water if you cannot feel the water. I like a bumpy ride.
            Depending on where you are on the ship, it can rock quite a bit. The water in the Gulf of Mexico is not calm by any stretch!

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
            I would just feel so 'trapped' with SO many ppl on a big ocean cruise ship...plus those nasty illnesses they've been known to "share"
            Surprisingly enough with that many people on one ship, there are plenty of places to go be alone. One of my favorites is on the bow, hardly anyone ever goes there, it's kind of rough and the salt spray can be daunting. I love it though and there is a lone bench that I think they put there JUST. FOR. ME.

Personal hygiene is important any time you are in a crowded situation, there are Purell stations all over the ship and each bathroom provides sanitary disposable towels to use when opening the doors which helps a ton.
            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Even if it wasn't perfect-getting away is always nice. Too bad about the rain though, I think most of the fun for me would be the weather. I look through cruise magazines sometimes and there are so many options, I don't know where I would want to go, we don't really travel anywhere as we've got no one to take care of our zoo.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingPostal View Post
                ... we don't really travel anywhere as we've got no one to take care of our zoo.
                That's part of why I'm not a traveler too...there is a downside of being so into animals.

Comment

Working...
                X