Dirty PaPa's Easy Fried Pickles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty PaPa's Easy Fried Pickles!

Have you ever had the Fried Pickles at Hooter's or ANY franchise place for that matter? If you have you know HOW GOOD these babies are!...if you have NEVER tried them...you should give it a try! Here is how to make them and they are pretty CHEAP to make as well!

1 - Jar Hamburger Sliced DILL Pickles (i used ovals from Vlasic)
    1 - Fish Fry Batter (i used Zatarrains cause its what i use for fish..GOOOD!)
    1 - Cup of milk
    1 - Egg
    Oil

Pour 1 Cup of Milk into a bowl

Crack an egg into the bowl.

Beat the egg in the milk.

YouTube - DirtyPaPas Easy Fried Pickles Part 1

Place pickles on a papertowel so it can soak up some of the pickle juice.

Place them in the egg/milk wash to soak.

Put them in the batter.

Batter them up!

Place them on a clean plate.

YouTube - DirtyPaPa's Fried Pickles Part 2

While i was outside BBQn my boys decided to shoot a vid by themselves..lol

YouTube - DirtyPaPa's Fried Pickles Part 3

Que Bonito!

Once the oil is ready...place ONE in to check to see how fast it will cook..the first one i did took only about 10-15 seconds! So do only one to see the timing on it...REMEMBER, your not cooking fish, just cooking the batter!

Be sure to check them within a few seconds...

Cook to a nice golden brown!...after seeing the cooking time i lowered the heat to a med temp on my electric stove so it would take a bit longer and i wouldnt burn any.

and for the Taste Test!

YouTube - DirtPaPas Fried Pickles Part 4

Hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Give it a try!
    Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Re: Dirty PaPa's Easy Fried Pickles!

Thanks buddy--I will most definately be trying this one at home since my hubby and I are addicted to fried pickles--especially at Hooters!

They'd go great with a cold brewski on New Year's, I'll bet....
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Never had them...never heard of them either. Will have to try it. My kids love pickles.

Comment

Oh I am having these tonight!! OMG!! ARE THOSE BURNERS PINK!!! Do they look like that in real life? If so what kind of stove is it? I need a new one and I was thinking induction top but that is soooo kool lookin. Besides that special heat induction cookware kinda sux for the money they want for it. Thanks Pappa! I gotta start posting some stuff in here, we usually wait a week or so to do our turkey dinner so maybe I'll post that...

Mat.

Comment

Man... those look really good. I'll have to give them a shot later today!
          "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

MMMMMM they look delicious! I'll have to give this one a shot.

Comment

Good stuff Brother...How about some MOLE

Comment

Originally posted by jgonzalez305 View Post
                Good stuff Brother...How about some MOLE
                one thing i can say about this recipe is that it brings the family together in helping out!

as for Mole...i dont really like it for the ONLY reason that it will give me heartburn from down under!
                Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
                  Oh I am having these tonight!! OMG!! ARE THOSE BURNERS PINK!!! Do they look like that in real life? If so what kind of stove is it? I need a new one and I was thinking induction top but that is soooo kool lookin. Besides that special heat induction cookware kinda sux for the money they want for it. Thanks Pappa! I gotta start posting some stuff in here, we usually wait a week or so to do our turkey dinner so maybe I'll post that...

Mat.
                  Mat...the burners are actually a bright RED...they came out pink on there i think because the camera is on Auto White Balance...and with all the black i think it was trying to do just that. Sorry to disappoint ya!

If you do try this recipe please post on here how it went!
                  Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by BigPaPaErnest View Post
                    one thing i can say about this recipe is that it brings the family together in helping out!

as for Mole...i dont really like it for the ONLY reason that it will give me heartburn from down under!

Yeah When my wife's family first gave me mole...It was great going in but...what happens after that lets just say......FIRE!!!!

Im not a fan of pickles...but I was telling my wife about the enchiladas...So ill be posting on them

Comment

My wife loves fried pickles. We will have to give this recipe a try, thanks E!

Comment

OK,
                        I've never been to "Hooter's" and I've never heard of "fried pickles" before... Still, it looks TASTY.

I've tried other recipes that you've posted and I LOVED THEM!!!

I think I might just feel advertureous and try this one as well.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                          OK,
                          I've never been to "Hooter's" and I've never heard of "fried pickles" before... Still, it looks TASTY.

I've tried other recipes that you've posted and I LOVED THEM!!!

I think I might just feel advertureous and try this one as well.

I'll let you know how it goes.
                          You won't be disappointed Linda! Just make sure to have the Ranch Dressing ready! We made half a 32 oz jar and it was gone INSTANTLY as you see in the last vid! I think we might make the rest of the jar tonight!
                          Ernest

Comment

Awesome - I love fried pickles. Yummy!

Comment

I love the fried jalapenos at hooters so I will try this recipe with the jalapenos thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X