***Living the Dream!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Living the Dream!

As some of my close friends may know my son was offered a spot on the University of Montana Western wrestling team and has the opportunity to be coached by Dan Payne. Coach Payne is one of the best collegiate wrestling coaches in the country. In 20 years as head coach he has coached 44 All-Americans and 6 National Champions. Six of those All-Americans and 2 of the National Champions were heavy weights. It's an incredible opportunity BUT they require a 2.7 or greater cumulative GPA and Matt has a 2.5....Matt has to take a semester at a Junior College and then transfer. Real bummer BUT....he has another opportunity now....

They are bringing back JUCO football to Washington state and Matt was offered a spot on the Columbia Basin Gladiators JC football team. He will start at RG, DT and play special teams. This team won their conference championship last year and are favored to repeat. It is an incredible opportunity for Matt to extend his football career AND to get noticed by D1 and D2 football programs who might offer him a scholarship (if he gets his grades up).

I'm so proud of his perseverance and never say die attitude. He just stays positive and takes advantage of every opportunity that comes his way.

If football doesn't lead to a scholarship then I know he will be happy continuing his wrestling career at UMW.

For those who would like to follow Matt and the Columbia Basin Gladiators JC football team their website is...

HOME__

I
    would also like to thank everybody who has supported him this far. I love you all like you were my family...because YOU ARE!!!
    Last edited by DIRTY SHOOTER; 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM.

Re: ***Living the Dream!

The link showed up strange on the site but go ahead and click it. It works just fine, I've tried it.

Thanks again for all your support!!!

Comment

Thats awesome. I hope my son continues to grow and love the sport of football. Hes 7 and just finished up a short 5 week summer football camp. This was his first time playing organized sports and he loved every minute of it. Which reminds me.. I'll have to post some pictures here. Good luck to Matt and remind him that we're all behind him and wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Spo0led View Post
        Thats awesome. I hope my son continues to grow and love the sport of football. Hes 7 and just finished up a short 5 week summer football camp. This was his first time playing organized sports and he loved every minute of it. Which reminds me.. I'll have to post some pictures here. Good luck to Matt and remind him that we're all behind him and wish him the best.
        You definitely can't forget to post pics of your boy playing ball. Heck, get some video and post that too! I never get tired of seeing kids do their thing!

Comment

It will be so cool to see Firetruck living the dream! We will be able to say "I knew him when...." Congratulations Mike and Michelle-you have done a great job raising him.
          http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Wow if Matt were my Son I would be bursting at the seems with Love and pure Joy and shear deep Proudness that he has accomplished
            so much through his hard work and perseverance. I can imagine the situation I can't go into it here but I was helping my step son
            work through the sports programs
            as I cultivated his mind and body I was watching him excel in Football and basketball plus a
            little base ball . . . . . . Football and Basketball were his thing. It was such a wonderful feeling while it lasted for me watching his
            progress.At the age of nine I was already talking to him about colleges and thinking about playing ball at one of the major colleges . . . . . . .
            just plating that seed . . .it was great while it lasted.So I do understand Mike how proud you must be after all the
            hardships in your life,then you managed to bring your son up in a positive sports reinforced family environment.
            You did a Great Job Mike you deserve as much of
            SaWeeet ! the kudos as that young man of yours does !
            You're son Matt has worked so hard he's in such a SaWeeet spot right no
            w and deserves to be !

what a wonderful feeling for you, your wife and your son Matt Congratulations to all of you !

Lar M
            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
              (if he gets his grades up).
              If he's anything like me, he'll realize that college is SO much better than high school and keeping grades up won't be such a chore anymore!

Congrats Matt!

-Sean in NoCal
              “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
              -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Great job. Education starts at home and you have done a fantistic job. Most kids don't get it. Matt has 2 options and thats amazing. To Matt I say hit the books. Nothing is more important than improving his study habit to bring up that GPA. You can do it!

Comment

Working...
                X