Breaking news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news

Well, some people you just can't reach. If ignorance is bliss, these people are termianlly europhoric!

Neighbors Scared After Two Large Boa Constrictors Escape Trailer | NBC4 Washington

Re: Breaking news

The problem is that ignorance is not bliss. It is a dangerous and powerful weapon. I guarantee that when Wayne Pacelle saw this story it was like a kid on Christmas morning.

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Why must there always be people like this? It's always a case of the few ruining things for the many and those few irresponsible snake owners definitely make things tough for all of us.

Comment

Who ever owned those boas....well, simply put should not have been owning boas.

And if I was the neighbor I would be concerned as well. A 10ft female, if its really as large as they say, would be more than capable of killing a pet or young unattended child.

Comment

i agree with what everybody has said but i want to add that this is no different than any other animal. dogs have dog fights, and attacks and puppy mills. cats are housed hundreds at a time, share litter boxes, and are abused. fish are killed everyday due to lack of knowledge and simply flushed down the toilet, birds are caged their whole life and pick their feathers off and bite themselves. the difference is; snakes have a stigma in the public. snakes are always the enemy because, in my opinion, the lack of knowledge and exposure.
          this is just another story that will taint the public image and is a **** shame. nobody ever hears the story of when i fell asleep with my 6ft girl on my lap, and woke up she was gone but low and behold she was sitting on top of the table staring at me while i freaked out flipping couches. she was in plain sight and what i thought was "laughing" at me while i had a heart attack.

Comment

Hey, I would like to add my personal opinion, as I watched a story on the news last night about an escaped boa in a town not far from mine. It's sad because the media attacks reptiles and as soon as one is out it makes headlines. How many dogs a day escape, how many cats, how many other commonly kept animals escape yet the news does not report it. Dogs kill more people a year than snakes and I'm sure that cats injure more people than snakes a year. Although they are considered domestic animals they still have the ability to snap at any point and act on instinct. It gets me so upset to see the media utilizing the fear and lack of education and knowledge of reptiles to further drive people to want to ban them.

Comment

i totaly agree,with all of you,on the stigma snakes and the responsible keepers face.

Comment

Working...
              X