New member from Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Cali

I have been researching and researching snakes (specifically cb-bci's) for over 2 months now. 20-30 year is a long commitment and so I am in no major rush to just "buy" a "snake". I want the perfect cb-bci for my family. I have owned Gardner snakes and plenty of lizards as a kid but I want a captive bred bci baby. Now my main concerns are housing. I live in the socal desert region its dry hot in summer cold wet in winter. I don't want to buy a small tank and work my up to a large enclosure. Is it OK to buy everything a fully grown bci would use and let my baby grow in to it ?

Re: New member from Cali

Yes. If you look into either Boaphile (my preference) or Animal Plastics, you can find a great enclosure that will last most of, if not all of its life. You'll just want to make sure to have several hides at first.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Welcome to RTB!

I am with [MENTION=8640]tsblair[/MENTION] - my preference is with Boaphile Plastics.
      "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Tyvm. I find this site the most informative about boas and their needs. As a person new to the snake world I fell in love with Columbian bci's when I held my friends 9 ft albino she was just so docile and hated to be put down. Now I'm hooked. I was scared of snakes a month ago but after meeting my friends boa bonnie I want my own. I was told to do the research and to get a vet and. I have a huge aquarium I was gonna use but everybody I talked to says glass aquirium is bad idea. I will send pics of it soon as I figure out how to post them on here

Comment

Bebo I think I saw u on some YouTube videos feeding ft rats to your boa

Comment

Originally posted by 1freshmason View Post
            Bebo I think I saw u on some YouTube videos feeding ft rats to your boa
            It is quite possible

I use to post a few videos here and there of feedings, feedings with my younger kids helping, and sometimes the opening of new addition arrivals.

Also, I have to ask about your user name. Is Mason your name or is that a reference to Masonry as in the Masonic Lodge? Just curious.
            Last edited by bebowebb; 06-24-2015, 02:16 AM.
            "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Just like the other comments, Boaphile cages are great
              sigpicJrock23

Comment

Originally posted by Jrock23 View Post
                Just like the other comments, Boaphile cages are great
                Yep!!! I just opened a box that contained a 322D with all the bells and whistles installed. Just plug it in and go!!!
                They are awesome!!
                Thanks to Jeff!!!

Comment

Working...
                X