X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from the Uk

Hello Everyone

New here so saying hi.
    Im new to forums so still trying to find my way around. Tried to post this on the site, not sure it worked so now trying Tapatalk.
    I used to have a Ball Python when I was younger when I was around 10.
    Recently got myself a Boa, he was sold to me as a Common Boa (possible dwarf, parents are 4 and 4-1/2 foot)
    I have read so much conflicting info on the net regarding Boa care, so hopefully from joining this forum and talking to experienced keepers I will find all the info I need to give my boy (Maurice) a long, happy and healthy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New Member from the Uk

This is Maurice

Comment

Welcome. Please check out the care sheet. http://www.redtailboas.com/f110/down...ion-3-a-31312/

Please be careful with the plastic plants because depending on the quality of it, it might break down over time exposing sharp plastic edges or wires which can easily leave cuts.
      These look like decent quality plants, just keep an eye on it.

Comment

Welcome from 'across the pond'- to you and Maurice.
        Snakes are a little like people: many outgrow their parents somewhat, so it's hard to say how big Maurice will actually get, but you came to the right place for care tips & the company of fellow snake-lovers.

One more thing about snakes: if you want them to stay small, they grow much bigger...and if you want them to be huge, they stay small, so be careful- don't let him 'read your mind', LOL! (yes, I'm kidding!)

Comment

Thanks for the advice on the plastic plants, I was thinking of getting silk ones but I thought the plastic would be easier to keep clean.

Also with regards to his size he will be whatever he will be, be that small or large so long as he is happy and healthy is all that matters. As he is small now he will grow with me so it will be fine.

I had a Royal Python when I was younger he was about 5-1/2 foot if I remember correctly.

Comment

I think the silk 'plants' also have wires in the stems, so either way...

Comment

Working...
            X