HI from Southern CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI from Southern CA

HI, My name is Will. I've owned many snakes and other reptiles though out my life along with st, udying herpetology and working in the herpetology lab at college. Long story short: I owned a huge 8ft 4in, (extremely tame, rescue) Carpet python along with a hatchling carpet python during that time. I've been waiting to .get into a stable house where I don't have to worry about my job or housing changing to get a snake. I'm looking into both Carpet Python morphs and Boa Constrictor morphs or just really nice looking normals. Can't decide but hoping to get one or two pretty soon here. Nice to meet you all.

Re: HI from Southern CA

Welcome. Best of luck on the housing and sounds like a cool job. SoCal is a good place to be... Expensive but nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome! Glad you're waiting for 'stable' housing before getting a snake (-there's nothing worse than hassles with landlords over pets)...I hope it's a short wait for you.
      Glad to have you join us, meanwhile. (I'm a former Southern Californian-)

Comment

It really depends on the landlord. lol Many people will say "Snakes?!?!?!?!?!" when they cause virtually zero damage to property unlike pretty much every single mammal/bird. The biggest thing I feel is hard to do with large snakes is guaranteed the space you need to house them. Imagine if you had an 8' female boa. They need something like a 6'x2'x1.5' or ideally 8'x2'x2'. That is a lot of space to dedicate if you are in apartments.

Comment

Working...
        X