My Tinley weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tinley weekend

Hello all, it's been along time since I posted anything here, but Im on here often reading everyone else's posts.

But thought I'd go ahead and share how tinley went for me and my family this past weekend.

My son's birthday is Oct 8th, so tinley is always the weekend of his birthday, and he always wants vip tickets to tinley for his birthday, luckily for us we live about 30min. From tinley park, so not a big trip for us like it is for most of you.

Saturday: my son sees a sign by the timberline guys about winning some beat headphones, just need to take a picture wearing one of their t-shirts they where giving away, and post it to facebook,
    Now we never win anything, in fact the 15+ yrs me and my wife have been married, I don't think we have ever won a thing, my son has been asking for beats but $200+ for headphone? No way lol, so my son takes the pic and my wife posts it up to facebook, as we are walking out Saturday at the end of the day my wife says hold on, let's stop by the timberline both and see who won those headphones, the guy looks at my son, then looks at his phone, looks back at my son and says, hey your the winner! wow he was so excited, nice bonus birthday present.

Sunday: we pick up a few new additions, a mystic lesser ball python, a female motley het anery boa from Blumen boas, who will go with my male ghost when she grows up, to hopefully make some motley ghosts, and a gargoyle gecko, my wife has been asking for one of those for a long time now.
    We have our new animals and decide to leave about a hour before closing, we get home and I get a email from perfect predators, congratulations you have won our tinley park drawing, for a $500 dollar boa. What?!
    I was just blown away, with the thosands of people there over the weekend, what's the odds of us winning two drawing?

I have been emailing Manny from perfect predators, about the boas he has to choose from, he just got back to florida and has some work to catch up on and said he will get back to me soon with what he has avaliable.

I will update when I find out what Manny will be sending me, and will post some pics, of what I get, plus all our new additions soon.

Re: My Tinley weekend

Wow! Congratulations to you & your son, that's amazing luck! Nice day to make up for all the times you didn't win, eh? (pretty cool living so close to Tinley, too)

Comment

What a weekend! Congrats to you and your son!

Comment

Wow, congrats on the good luck and the nice pickups!

Comment

It sounds like you and your family are making up for lost time in the winning department. It just might behoove (is that a word?) you to buy a lottery ticket. Congratulations and will be looking forward to pictures of the new additions!
          http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
            It sounds like you and your family are making up for lost time in the winning department. It just might behoove (is that a word?) you to buy a lottery ticket. Congratulations and will be looking forward to pictures of the new additions!
            I was so excited about winning a boa, I didn't think about a lotto ticket for a few days, I thought to myself "**** I should have bought a lotto ticket" lol

Comment

That's awesome, I'm also in the never win anything camp but usually buy tickets anyways. Nice to actually get something for a change and what great prizes too. You'll have to update us when you get your boa!

Comment

Congratulations
                sigpicJrock23

Comment

Hey everyone, wanted to give a update with some pics,
                  Sorry the pics are not great, using my phones camera with crappy lighting.

Recieved the boa I won from perfect predators this week,
                  Manny was great to work with, asked me what I was interested in, I told him what I was working with,
                  then he sent me a list of boas he had, I ended up picking a male albino het anery, when he showed up I was really happy with him, and appreciate everything Manny did.
                  20151029_201309.jpg

Tried to grab a pic of the female motley het anery I got from Blumen boas that weekend, she is a great boa but it's really hard to get a good pic of her she is constantly moving, this was I best I could get. 20151025_224333.jpg
                  Just wanted to add Kevin from Blumen boas was really nice, and gave me a super deal on her.

And thought I'd throw in a pic of my 2013 male ghost het albino, he was out during the day sitting on top of his hide box, he doesn't to this very often so I grabbed a quick pic.
                  20150924_103441.jpg

Comment

That's a very nice collection already with some cool litter possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                    X