Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catastrophe hits RedTailBoas - Clay and Judy English

NOTE
    This post was originally made to a few select people in my moderator section on December 15 2010. After some recovery time and after speaking with Jeff Ronne, and my close friends on this forum, I have decided to make this post public, so that all of you have the same information. You are reading the original post I made, only altered to remove moderator information. Please remember this original post was made 2 months ago.

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Judy and I lost ALL of our boas. It was the result of an electrical failure that disabled all heat in our snake building, including the buildings heat, and cage heating, during a record setting cold night here in Texas. As fate would have it, power was lost somewhere after 9 or 10 P.M. when Judy did her last walk thru. (I was away on a job site) As best we can tell by the time the building was checked, the next morning, the temperature had gotten down to somewhere around 20 to 25 degrees inside (16 outside)

We have been simply sick for 2 days now, just now coming out of a shell long enough to focus on contacting folks.

As my friends, please keep Judy in your thoughts and prayers. She is trying to place the blame directly on her shoulders and she has taken this very very hard.

I certainly cannot think about the future right now, but don't worry about this website, it will remain.

Thank you
    Last edited by ClayEnglish; 02-16-2011, 09:22 AM.
    To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
    -Clay English
    Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Re: Catastrophe hits..

There is nothing I can say that will make this any better for you and Judy. Nobody could have known this could happen. It's a horrible accident and nobody should feel anything but sadness about it and sadness I do feel. I feel terrible for you both. A very very sad day Clay and Judy. Call me any time.

theboaphile.com
    boaphileplastics.com

Comment

Clay, you and Judy have my deepest sympathies.

Unfortunately, bad things happen to good people sometimes, and this is just one of those sad situations.
      "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

i am flooooored! I am so sorry to hear about your loss Clay. PLEASE PLEASE tell Judy that she had NO CONTROL over what would of happened no matter who was home. I will keep you all in my prayers. Please keep us posted as to how u all are doing.
        Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

WOW Clay. I am so sorry that this happened to y'all. There are no words. It was a tragic accident and nothing Judy could have done about it. It is just sad. If there is anything that we can do please feel free to let me know.

Comment

I am sooo sorry to hear this. Judy, it is NOT your fault you couldnt have known about the power. Please dont blame yourself, this weather has caused issues for everyone. Best Wishes to all of you and try to have a marginally Merry Christmas.

Comment

I'm so sorry brother.

Jeff is right, there are no words that could make it better. I do hope, however, that knowing that you and Judy are in our thoughts and prayers will help to get you through this...because you are!

Please, please don't beat yourself up. Nobody could have forseen this.

Few have been as important to this hobby as you AND Judy. I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am in this game today if it wasn't for you being in this hobby. I wouldn't have made the friends I've made and my life would be totally different as well. It's amazing to think of the impact people have on others and you've had that on me.

Comment

Wow.... that is so sad. It is noones fault. There is nothing you guys could have done to stop the electrical failure. She could have checked 2 hours from the last time and saw the power still working. While reading this my heart sank and brought tears to my eyes.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

Oh my Lord what a horrible heart breaking catastrophe Clay, I cannot
                  express how truly sorry I am for you and Judy.

I've experienced some very very terrible circumstances so I can relate on some level
                  but this is absolutely unbelievable.

I feel sick to my stomach for you guys , there's nothing I can say I know that

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I too feel sick to my stomach. I can hardly fathom the loss you feel. The whole RTB family is always here for you as you know, just like you are here for us, Clay. Let us know if there is anything at all we can do to help. I know this isn't something that will heal quickly for you all, but I hope that at some point you and especially Judy can understand that this was out of your hands. Bad things do happen to good people and it's always hard to swallow when you realize it's happening to you.

Comment

Holy cow I'm not sure what to say..... i am SO SORRY.... i can feel for you with the loss of boas nothing to this extent though.... i know that sunken feeling you have though you will pull thought brother.... I feel terrible for Judy i know she considered those boas her babies just as much if not EVEN more then you did.... you both are amazing people and like Erin sad sometimes bad stuff happens to good to people.... tell judy with love from all of us that she did NOTHING wrong.... you should even have her take a look at this thread to prove it....

Thoughts and Prayers with you and Judy you will pull though i truly believe you will

If you need anything and i mean anything do not hesitate to call Ernest lol just playing give me a call if you need anything
                      Last edited by ClayEnglish; 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Wow wow wow! I'm lost for words and sick to my stomach. You and Judy have my deepest sympathy and will be in my thoughts and prayers!! If there's anything I can do wether it just be an ear to listen feel free to give me a call.

Tell Judy not to beat her self up,you could have never known this would happen!
                        Last edited by ClayEnglish; 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Clay, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am for you and your wife, and I realize there isn't anything I can say to make this better, but know that you're in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So sorry to hear about this Clay. How awful! You and Judy are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate everything all of you said.

We are still struggling to grasp the overall impact of this tragedy, but I am thankful for all of you and this community.
                              To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                              -Clay English
                              Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Working...
                              X