Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking Up My ATB Today, Need Some Guidance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking Up My ATB Today, Need Some Guidance!

Picked up my ATB today, its unsexed and aggressive! I have already been bitten, but luckily it doesnt pack much of a punch. Will handling make an ATB less aggressive or are they naturally aggressive?

Re: Picking Up My ATB Today, Need Some Guidance!

Double post, ooppsss!

Comment

From what I understand, they aren't aggressive as much as defensive. Not much consolation when your are on the recieving end of that mouth full of needles. He/she will settle in, some. Give him/her a week or two to get used to his new home, get a couple meals in him/her. I don't believe ATB are nearly as docile as BCC's (I's, U's, ect) are. Hopefully some of the ATB experts on here will chime in. Good luck!

http://www.redtailboas.com/f27/atb-vs-gtp-26232/

Here's a link to a post with some more info and another link.

http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptil...ree-boa-2.aspx

Here's another link-good stuff.
      Last edited by Randyman; 05-29-2012, 10:35 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

My ATB seems to be just a mean animal, lol! I had it out and it just went up to my hand slowly like it was investigating... then when it was right against my hand, BAM! I am used to my boas just investigating, never had a RTB bite me unless it was on accident when they were being fed. This ATB is def going to be just a display animal!

Comment

There are some nice and relaxed ATB's but they are not as calm as a ETB or GTP. They tend to be much more defensive and stressed out with handling.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

Working...
          X