This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Newest Etb (Lex)

This is my newest Emerald Tree Boa.....He is 29" long and was captive bred and born. ;D

Re:My Newest Etb (Lex)

wow Xander, how lucky you are to have such a beautiful ETB. good amount of white to.. Thats the ones i like the best.. Man gota love them ETB's Congrats on the new addition..

Comment

Very nice looking emerald. Congragulations.

Comment

Congrats Xander,

Nice looking Emerald Boa.. Enjoy him, just watch those 2 inch fangs..LOL

Share some more pics when you can..

Steve

Comment

Congrats on your new edition. Emeralds are awesome snakes, hows his temperment?

Comment

He is a little "nippy"? at first but once hes in my hands hes as calm as red-tail.

Comment

Very cool. Those are one of my fav type of snakes!

Comment

???Hey Xander, hows that pretty boy ETB of yours doing?? Fill us in on how ya got him set up to please....

Comment

Hes doing fine. Hes in a 4'x2'x4' cage. eating fine....just the cage doesnt hold humidity to well....i can only get it to stay about 60%.....im useing a 100 CHE...i think thats the problem.

Comment

8)Yeah you deffinately have to get your humidity up higher for him and also by any chance ya got live plants in with him to, and are you spraying the cage few times a day.. Keep a dish pan size water dish in there filled...

Comment

I soak towels, spray the cage several times a day and the bottom is almost completely filled with water(2"-3&quot when i spray it goes up to 80% and then drops to 60% within the hour.

Comment

What kind of cage are you using? Corallus really should not be kept in a glass enclosure because of their high humidity requirements. Emeralds are especially sensitive to husbandry mistakes and respiratory infections and regurgitation are usually the end result. The humidity in your emerald cage should be around 75-80% and you should be misting twice a day to allow the humidity to reach 90-100%. Like barracuda said live pothos plants can help alot with humidity and air quality in the cage. I have 4 pothos plants in my amazons cage and he loves them.

One last point, be very careful when using water on the floor of your cage. The water must be changed constantly to avoid bacteria and other problems. Also when you have water on the bottom of the cage this does not mean that you will have good humidity levels. Humidity can only occur with the proper ventilation in a cage. If there is too much ventilation the cage will never allow the humidity to build. If a cage does not have enough ventilation the air can become stagnent which can cause problems with your snake.

Comment

Its a custom wood enclosure. The humidity was dropping because i was useing a CHE. The CHE would heat the air and dry it out. Having a large water bowl on the bottom of the cage does help increase humidity and it gives the snake something to drink from. I have 17 snakes and i change the water every day.....in all cages.....

Comment

Thats cool that your emerald will drink from a water bowl. That is generally not the case, even my amazon will rarely touch his water bowl choosing to drink water droplets off the plants in the cage instead. You may be better off trying a regular reptile light in your cage rather than a che. Like you have already said che's tend to dry the air quickly which destroys any humidity build up.

Comment

awesome looking arbpreal u got there. how are those 2" fangs LOL

LEE

Comment

Working...
                              X