X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rat Snake Rescue

Hey everyone,

I was at my fiance's parent's house yesterday for Father's day. I went into the backyard and was moving an old piece of his fence to get it out of the way and as I picked it up, I noticed that there was a rat snake that was pinned down and couldn't move. He put up no fight for me to pick him up. He was pretty small, only about 10 inches long. He must've been down there for a while, because he shed once and it looked kind of old. Anyway, I set him up in a 10 gallon tank they had laying around, as soon as he was put in there he went straight to the water and drank until his little heart was content. I gave him a quick look over and didn't see any physical signs of damage. He was able to move around just fine and looked healthy enough despite being underweight. I ran to a nearby pet store and picked up a pinky mouse for him. I'm going to feed him in about 2 days, give him some time to adjust to captivity a little and rehydrate. I'll probably let him go in the fields behind their house either this weekend or next!

Jeff

Re:Rat Snake Rescue

Hey Jeff,

Great you are helping the little guy out. If I was you, since you are not gonna keep him, don't wait to feed him. A wild snake will no calm down any in two days.

Great luck with him.. Gonna take some pics?

Steve

Comment

Probably not, don't have a digi cam. I guess I'll just make sure he is 100% O.K. and then release him, thanks for the advice.

Jeff

Comment

8)I think thats great ya helped it out Jeff, hope its doing ok.. Man sometimes we come across theres critters in need of help in strange ways.. Im just glad the dog or the kid from next door didnt kill the eastern milk snake i rescued.. At least i know shes out there by that swamp having a good ol time... ;D

Comment

Yeah, I always enjoy being able to rescue an animal, or else provide it a good home. I just got my Chinese Corn in today from Steve, I haven't been able to see it yet, it was delivered to my other job so that I could make sure someone would be there to accept it. Only 2 more hours to go and then I'm off to get my new snake!!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X