This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby corn shedding question

ok as all of you guys know i got my baby corn and ive had him since august 5th. thats a whole 28 days or 4 weeks. hes eaten 3 times like a champ once a week well about every 5-6 days. and hes growing alot but, here is the thing thats getting me. hes done pooped and pooped and ate and ate but he hasnt shed not once . i dont know when he shed for them but he hasnt for me yet. i figured he would have shed by now he was only 2 weeks old when i got him, dont they shed pretty often this young? he hasnt even gone into the blue or anything sill as cute as ever. maybe im over paranoid but i am so hypped up to see how he looks after he sheds!!!!

Re:baby corn shedding question

It is around four weeks at that age... how long have you had it...
    I bet they sent it out right after the first shed....
    I hope this helps...
    ERic aka...Red

Comment

ive had it exactly 4 weeks lol so anytime now whew i feel better.

Comment

when I first got mine, she shed about 3-4 weeks after I got her. At that time I was feeding her every 7 days. She sheds about every 4 weeks now, and is 7 months old. They are soooo pretty after a shed. Mine shed this morning, I almost forgot how bright her colors were. Maybe the stress invloved in shipping has (somehow) made him a little bit slower to shed, or maybe he's just saving up to really dazzle you ;D

Crystal

Comment

You can feed them when they are that age every five days...
          For like 6 months... then you cut it back to 7... That is the way I did it anyways... And mine is still a lil' on the small size for his age...
          Eric aka....Red

Comment

yeah thats what i was planning 5 days for now and then on to 7 days. but it was just so weird that he hadnt shed yet lol im out of town in houston right now when i get home ill probably be surprised and see him in the blue woo hoo(wish full thinking)

Comment

I feed her a jumper (I think) mouse every 4 days now, I don't know if she's big or small for her age, but I want her to get big. (sorry, sorta off-topic of shedding)

Crystal

Comment

well since i posted this orginally the little stinker still hasnt shed but doesnt miss a meal he eats every 5 days like clock work im just aggravate that he hasnt shed yet the excitment is killing me bout how he will look after his shed. ive even tried soaking him and he loves playing in the water drinks often out of it. i wouldnt think it would be stress this long after having him arrive! if he ever sheds ill post it on here but so far zilch zero nada!

Comment

Do you have somthing like aspen or what in the cage...?
                  If you have aspen look around in it... They will dig in and get red of it in the substrate...
                  Also if you have like astro turff then look under it too..
                  You may have done these things.. I don't know...
                  You may find it... The first time mine shed it was down in the substrate and I didn't know for a while...
                  Eric aka...Red

Comment

i use newspaper for his house i lifted it up and nothing but today i noticed HES BLUE WOO HOOOOOOO bout time crazy lil stinker making me crazy thinking he was never gonna shed lmao! and let me tell ya hes gets pissy when you open his cage and play around with his bowl or anything when hes in the blue! its funny though that tiny lil squirt trying to hiss

Comment

Working...
                    X