Corn Snake Breeding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corn Snake Breeding?

So, i've been looking into breeding a little bit here and there, and I don't really know the do's and dont's if breeding. So I am curious to know others opinions on breeding siblings? I've seen only one post about it but it didnt give very much information so I don't know if its something that you can do or something you're not supposed to do?? anything helps.. thanks

Re: Corn Snake Breeding?

I am in my first season of breeding (Boas) and by no means any form of an expert. I do know that back breeding is commonly practiced but it should only be done for a sec on generation at MOST. Even then there are possibilities of neuro mutation. My male BP Cinnamon moro is such an example. He's a great snake and eats like a champ. I just hope to pair him with me female BP con next year. Good luck with you project. Try iherp.com for some extra advice.

Comment

Re: Corn Snake Breeding?

I personally don't think inbreeding needs to be done unless you are trying to prove something out, which should be few and far between. As with any animal, the more inbreeding that goes on, the higher your chances are of complications. On that note, there are people who inbreed all the time with no consequence. My viewpoint is, why risk it.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

Working...
      X