Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knew that indigo snakes play dead too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knew that indigo snakes play dead too?

Just sharing from weather channel: Hognose snakes are known for this, but who knew that indigo snakes do this too? And funny they flick their tongue "after death".

https://weather.com/science/nature/v...hen-threatened

Re: Who knew that indigo snakes play dead too?

Oddly enough .... My little Bamboo Rat snake give me a playful nip / scratch the other day when he came from nowhere to tag me a so changed his water

Anyways he darted out of the Viv and dropped down about 15" onto the carpet where he lay on his back perfectly MOTIONLESS until I picked him up and he continued to try and nip me as I put him back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had my share of hog nose snakes but did not know that about other species. Cool .

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Oddly enough .... My little Bamboo Rat snake give me a playful nip / scratch the other day when he came from nowhere to tag me a so changed his water

Anyways he darted out of the Viv and dropped down about 15" onto the carpet where he lay on his back perfectly MOTIONLESS until I picked him up and he continued to try and nip me as I put him back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        That's funny, hey, whatever works? And Walt, I've kept hognose snakes before too...but none of them were scared enough of me to ever play dead. Interesting that more snakes do this than we knew about.

Comment

Working...
        X