This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found a Corn Snake that doesn't bite me

LOL. EVERY corn snake that I have ever come across has bitten me in the past. I only know of one other person who seems to have this problem with corns other than myself even. I have been looking for a corn snake to keep that doesn't seem to be living to strike and bite me lol. I found this girl a few weeks ago. She is mellow as can be [ yeah I know corns are supposedly like a mellow snake, but not my hx with them has been lol]. She was sold to me as an albino, but I have been informed that she is actually a snow [ I am not a morph type person lol]. Guess I should also make sure that she is a she before I look for a he huh ? The pic is not the greatest but ya can see her no doubt in it anyways....

Re: Finally found a Corn Snake that doesn't bite m

This is the only other pic we have of her atm... :-/

Comment

That is a snow.. that is for sure... I have an albino..
      http://groups.msn.com/Reptiles/erics...p;PhotoID=1873
      Here is a link to a pic of him.... He is a okeetee amel. corn snake.. Nice snake... lori.. I lov' my corn and am look'in for a female for him...
      Eric aka...Red

Comment

He is hard to take a pic of. This is the best one. It is also the first one.. he was running from the cam. in all the rest.
        LMAO! That's why my hubby is holding him on the tail end for the pic. Nothing like taking a pic of my boids at all for sure ! Most of my other colubrids sit still long enough to grab a couple pics at least till they make a "run" for it. lol.
        Ok on that albino vs snow now then. That was waaay too easy to tell the difference on lol. I need to find time learning the morphs soon lol.

Comment

ok so here you go...  I am going to be testing you on this info in a couple day's I want to see full memorization... lol

http://cornutopia.com/Corn%20Utopia%20on%20the%20Web/Snakes%20I'm%20Breeding%20subsite.htm

May I suggest you breeding that snow with a candy cane corn...  i think that you will be pleased with the resalts...  Also if you get a corn as a baby you will not have a problem with the temperment... well I like to be able to tell you somthing for a change..
          Eric aka...Red

Comment

Lets try that link again

http://cornutopia.com/Corn%20Utopia%20on%20the%20Web/Snakes%20I'm%20Breeding%20subsite.htm

Well if this didn't work it is on bill and kathy loves site...

http://www.Cornutopia.com

Eric aka...Red

Comment

LOL.. Testing me also.. ??? UGH .. Finding the time.. and of course the major interest in learning morphs is ..umm.. quite not the thing, has been the history here in that lol. Getting more into the colubrids though I actually do note there is more of a "need" to learn them though. gotta make the time I guess.. somehow ???
              Already this week, note that it is only Sunday even..lol.. I have been called on rescues in the form of about 4 Iguanas, 1 RTB, 1 garter, 2 browns, 1 burm, 1 caimen [ 8'er UGH ], 1 boxie, 1 tort [ ss unknown] , TG ! I have a listing of people who are willing to and can care for the different ss' as they come in and are ready to go to new homes ! LOL
              think that's it so far.. NOT to mention what we have atm in rehab also..UGH.
              Is it ok to take the phone off of the hook and not check email for a few days ya think ? Maybe I can get a glance at the morph thing then possibly hehe.
              Candy cane huh ? Don't suppose your willing to tell me what would come of such even ? hehe I actually know what the candy cane looks like [ amaze myself sometimes lol] and love it's look.
              I have had people holding a baby corn and no problem with it ever...BUT as soon as it gets handed my way.. strikes out is all basically at me lol. Most people don't believe corns do this to me till they actually see it even ..lol. Go figure !
              Thanx for the info.. I'll get to it as I can..

Comment

There's really no albino vs snow thing. A snow is an albino. It's just a different morph. Candycanes are great, but the color gets weaker as they grow older. Creamsicles which look almost identical to the candy's as babies grow and develope a whole new look. The creamsicles are an integrade though or as some would say "hybrid". They are a cross between elaphe guttata guttata and elaphe guttata emoryi.

Comment

A snow is an albino. It's just a different morph.
                  So pretty much an albino is the corn, but a different 'coloring" of albinoism then ? The eye coloring have anything to do with this also ? Or is it only the actual "coloring" of the snake then ? [ AND of course specifically what specific genes it is carrying or not I would think also].
                  Like does this type coloring but with a different colored eye have a different name/morph calling ? or does such not exist.. yet ?

Comment

The eye coloring has everything to do with it. If the eyes are red or pink they are albino. There are several types of albino morphs in corns like normal albinos, candycanes, creamsicles, snows, and blizzards. Snows are developed pretty much the same way a Boa that is Snow. Using anerys along with albinos(amels). The funny thing is that some call anery's black albinos which by definition is impossible. A normal corn, miami phase, okeetee, and so on are not unless of course the eyes are red or pink. My Snow is 2 years old and a motley. Very nice. I hopefully next year will breed him to my Jungle corn who is also albino. She is a cross between a lavender albino california king and a snow motley corn. I have a chance at producing blizzards and snow motley's. Since they will be 3/4 corn babies they may change in color dramatically as they get older, but all babies will be some sort of albino whether it be snow, blizzard, or reg albino. My Snow Motley male was very pink as a hatchling breed by Dwight Good, but has turned almost white with the pattern faded to very faint. In Bill and Kathy Loves book there is a nice piece on Cornsnake genetics.

Comment

Oh ya buy a adult candy cane corn if you do... some of them have real crappy coloring after the first couple year's.. I have seen some of the one that bill and cathy lov' have and well they are A good adult will have almost all the color that a baby has but there are not many around but I have seen them for sell.. Just have to look... as far as what you would get.. You know your snow look's sorta pink that would go away.. At least this is what I was told... So you would have more of a white back ground... and then you would have some double het's that is always good... I can't remember exatly what the punnet gives you.. But I have seen it for these.. Well I never have bred this or any snake but like to see all the other peoples turn out... because of that I do know a lil'''
                      Well se ya eric aka...Red

Comment

I have a red albino...she is absolutely beautiful. I've had her about a year and she was about 8" when I got her. She is very bright red and yellow. Is there another name for this morph?

Comment

Working...
                        X