This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Pine babies

Just curious, but about how big are Northern Pines when they're babies? (length & girth) Suzy & I got to talking about it today.

Re: Northern Pine babies

good Question

Sure wish T.C were here to answer it for us. cwm30.gif

Where oh where Oh where is T.C. b1.gif b2.gif b3.gif

Comment

TC, now that you're back: have any ideas on this one?

Comment

... ???

Comment

It really depends on the incubation and the mother. They'll be larger if they are incubated naturally. I have seen 8 inch hatchlings and I have seen 13 inchers. Did you find one?

Comment

Wow, I figured they'd be bigger than that @ birth since they get as big as they do.

No, didn't find one yet. I'm going to a herp show the first part of October. I hope to either find one there or hookup w/ someone who knows of one.

Comment

They grow quickly. Mine usually hit the 3.5 to 4 foot mark in the first year.

Comment

Wow, that is quick. Does their growth slow after that or will they be full grown by two?

Comment

The growth does slow a little, but they get to their max size in less than 3 years usually. They have to grow quickly because they are not constrictors. They over power their food prey.

Comment

Yeah, I knew that of them. I didn't think about that w/ their growth rate. Man, I can't wait to get one! ;D

Comment

Hey Kahaj someone replied to your wanted on BOI. I don't know if they emailed ya like you asked. But im whating out for ya. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/cgi-...T;f=60;t=10137 he said he's got some good luck man b27.gif

Comment

Thanks Benttoe!! ;D ;D ;D

If he did email me, it got ate up in cyberspace somewhere.

Do you know anything about this guy?

Comment

never seen him before. I can tell he's not a regular because he didnt post his name. If your a reg. on boi you usually have your real name as a signature or they sign in with it.... sorry Kahaj dont have any answers for ya... ???

Comment

Alright, np. I replied to him. Hopefully he'll get back w/ me soon. s27.gif b2.gif

Comment

Working...
                            X