X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulh
    replied
    Re: Snake Den

I did a quick web search and came up with the Northern Ohio Herpetological Society, the Ohio Herpetological Society, the Greater Cincinnati Herpetology Society. There may be others.

Leave a comment:

• Jrock23
    replied

We only get that doing the summer time here in Chicago, you pretty much can go to any forest reserve and see this...

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• zamora
    replied

That was pretty awesome, I love finding snakes in the wild. We sure have a lot on our property which makes field herping a breeze.

Leave a comment:

• Noelle7206
    replied

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
    Ohio might be a bit too cold for many reptiles so a herp group might be very small if they have one.....
    I once lived in Ohio (many many moons ago) & remember seeing some snakes as a little kid*...also lots of other herps there too. At least I HOPE they're still there...I hope you'll share your 'finds' with us, natieb?
    *I could tell you where I found them but I suspect things have changed by now.

Leave a comment:

• acephantom903
    replied

Ohio might be a bit too cold for many reptiles so a herp group might be very small if they have one. I would think they do have one. If not, you can start one.

Leave a comment:

• Noelle7206
    replied

Originally posted by natieb View Post
    I've been trying to find a local herp society to go field herping with, but there's not a lot in my area. I'd love to learn more about the indigenous reptile population around here, but I'm not really sure where to start. Thanks for sharing the video.
    I'm surprised if there isn't a group in your area...have you asked @ the zoo? They ought to know what's happening.

Leave a comment:

• natieb
    replied

I've been trying to find a local herp society to go field herping with, but there's not a lot in my area. I'd love to learn more about the indigenous reptile population around here, but I'm not really sure where to start. Thanks for sharing the video.

Leave a comment:

• Noelle7206
    started a topic Snake Den

Snake Den

For those of you who are challenged by time, patience or locations to observe snakes in nature, the Center for Snake Conservation has done some of the work for you...enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh6UmhUz6d0

F
    igured it was time to show some colubrid love here!
Working...
X