My pimbura Lucy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pimbura Lucy

this one has been a real pleasure to own i was VERY lucky to get her in a trade deal, i was nervous about it but wow i really lucked out with her when i got her she was just over 7.5ft, and 11.5lbs. now shes at least 8ft and almost 15lbs shes so friendly, shes unbelievable LOL

Re: My pimbura Lucy

That is one beautiful animal. I love that red or pinkish color on the head, looks like ya got a nice one

Comment

Beautiful snake. I have a hard enough time trying to find room for the snakes I have. Can't imagine how much room a couple of those would occupy.

Comment

believe it or not, pimburas are not much diff from a big female boa. this girl is 6.5yo and only at 8ft. i believe she might not have had the best care while she was growing up but here shes done very well. female pimburas are supposed to top out at 10ft. in case yall didnt know these guys look very similar to burmese and indian pythons, but they are just a smaller subspecies. pimburas are the only ones with the beautiful red heads

Comment

awesome looking python, I've never seen a pimbura so thanks for expanding my database!

Comment

WOW! That is WICKED! It's head is kinda Boa-like with heat pits! If they stay the size you're saying then I gotta have one.

Do you know of any breeders?

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
              WOW! That is WICKED! It's head is kinda Boa-like with heat pits! If they stay the size you're saying then I gotta have one.

Thats what I was thinking LOL.

Thanks for sharing, that is a wonderful animal!

Comment

thanks! yes, i swear shes gonna stay small LOL. these guys are awesome if you want something that looks like a burm (but is prettier hehe), is friendly, but stays small enough for you to handle on your own for the most part pimburas, also known as sri lankan pythons, are not that well known, mainly cause they are endangered and you have to have a CITES permit to cross them across state lines. this is where i lucked out: i traded her for a yearling pair of het albino bps, to a guy who had lucy only about 20 mins away from me, wow! i had never heard of these guys until the guy sent me an email asking if i would trade my bps for his sri lanka python. LOL im REALLY hoping to get a male for her sometime soon, so i will be breeding her as soon as i have a ready male i have a buddy who has a pair of pimburas that he is raising up, im hoping to get a few of his babies. i know of one other guy who is selling a male and im dieing to have him, just looking for the cash right at this second, and i know of another breeder who crossed a sri lankan with an idian python, they are nice babies and hes a good breeder but i dont wanna cross my sri lankan if i can help it

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post

Exactly what I was thinking as well. satyra YOU should be breeding these awesome little guys cause I'm pretty sure you just created at least three new customers.

Mat.

Comment

LMAO! trust me im working on it!! i love my girl and would kill for her to give me some adorable little babies if she passes on her beauty and personality to her babies i can guarantee you would be happy with them

Comment

Originally posted by satyra View Post
                      LMAO! trust me im working on it!! i love my girl and would kill for her to give me some adorable little babies if she passes on her beauty and personality to her babies i can guarantee you would be happy with them
                      Sounds good and the whole CITES thing isn't really a turnoff for me, I'd have to go through that for any snake from the states anyway.

Mat.

Comment

ohh, i just noticed you were not in the statees lol. i still havent gotten my CITES permit yet, but i will one of these days getting it isnt too horrible, hopefully.

Comment

Nice python! I am glad she has such a good temperment!

Comment

thanks im glad shes nice too LMAO! i took these new pics of her today

here is her thanksgiving dinners

Comment

Working...
                            X