HD Burm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Burm

I'm super happy today. I've always loved Burms but didn't want something THAT big. Add that to the Lacy legislation, and I wasn't sure if I'd ever find anyone local producing dwarfs or half-dwarfs. Lo and behold, I find a small table at the Phoenix Reptile Expo selling half-dwarf burms. Went home, set up a small, temporary, quarantine enclosure, and went back today and picked this guy up. Maybe the best thing about it is that my wife was kind of excited about him, and actually held him, which is a big deal for her. I would love to have her more involved in my hobby. Anyway, I'll shut up now. These are crappy cell pics in bad lighting. I'll post more after he settles in. Here he is:

Also, he's not really a "Giant Python" but I didn't know where else to put this thread

Re: HD Burm

Well it looks like you got him in a 20 gallon, so you should be good with that for at least 2 years, i love burms as well. My brother have the 1 i had since i was 15 years old and he wants to keep her but i do want another one lol.. Dude your wife will come around faster then you know it lol.. You have an awesome looking python. I never know that some burms were dwarfs maybe thats why the girl i had grew so huge. Hey how good does that forest bredding work, how well does it holds humidity cause i know when you buy it, its kinda wet..
    sigpicJrock23

Comment

Thanks. Yes, he's in a 20, but I've got an AP T8 waiting for him after quarantine. I'll probably keep it divided for him until he's bigger, so it's not too big and wide open for him. I use newspaper for my boas, but this guy needs just a touch more humidity, according to what I've read, so I used the cypress, which holds more humidity. Plus it's what he was used to, so I figured it might help him not stress as much if I kept his substrate the same. And my wife, heh, she's only held one of my corns, when she was a tiny worm; and she held my dumerils once, and she kept saying he was going to rip her face off. But with this guy, she was really interested in him, and held him for a minute just before we put him away for his de-stress week.

Comment

Thats awesome, yea sometimes it can be hard to decide on bedding when it comes to burms. I myself used bark or earth when i first got my burms but they are great calm temperament pythons. Your wife will fall in love with him lol. Best of luck to you, with this guy because they are fast, and when you decide to give him some play time outside of the cage. Be ready to catch him lol. I would love to have another burm if i can find one lol. How light is the color patterns on him?
        sigpicJrock23

Comment

Originally posted by Jrock23 View Post
          How light is the color patterns on him?
          He looks, well, just normal to me. One of his siblings had brighter colors but was very skittish. This guy seems to have a great temperament; very chill and curious.

Comment

Very cool! I strongly considered getting a HD burm but then they were added to the Lacy Act and that pretty much squashed that idea. My collection has since gone in a different direction, but I still think they're really awesome and beautiful, and a great opportunity to get burm with the burm size.

Comment

He's a really pretty little guy! Congratulations on your new pet.
              http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

wish such beautiful animals werent added to the lacey act. Guess I'll have to go with retics...

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
                  He's a really pretty little guy! Congratulations on your new pet.
                  Thanks a lot. I just love him already.

Originally posted by taxcollector View Post
                  wish such beautiful animals werent added to the lacey act. Guess I'll have to go with retics...
                  The ignorance of our "representatives" is truly sad. I have a shirt, with a picture of the Capitol on it, and it says, "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups." 'bout sums it up.

Comment

Hey congrats . I just got myself a stunning male HD Hypo Burm hatchling . He just sits on my hand ( when he's stopped huffing and puffing ). !

The wife thinks he's adorable when he starts hissing in the viv and inflating then deflating and going through that cycle a few times

Comment

Updated Pics!

Had him outside today for some new pics:

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        Hey congrats . I just got myself a stunning male HD Hypo Burm hatchling
                        Throw up a pic! I'd love to see him. Hypo Burms are amazing.

Comment

I just got a Het granite Burm myself. I'll see if I can get some pics loaded up.

Comment

1126141621.jpgHere's one from my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Joba1972 View Post
                              Throw up a pic! I'd love to see him. Hypo Burms are amazing.
                              I'll try and remember to put one or two up tomorrow .. he's an F2 HD Hypo male and lovely and calm ... Now ... He bit me the first time he was put in my hands

Are the ones on this thread ALL HD

Comment

Working...
                              X