Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Sunny Afternoon.

Originally posted by Zaphod42 View Post
    Haha. A few people at work live in Vermont and New Hampshire and they mentioned that. I live in the 'burbs outside Boston but close enough to the water that we don't get snow unless it's a major storm. We have been getting a lot of rain though and not much sunshine, my garden looks pretty pathetic right now. But I'm really happy about missing out on the freezing cold rain : )
    I'm right on the Canadian border... My grass hasn't even started to grow yet. It's still dark, damp and cold.
    Last edited by Kung Fu Joe; 05-10-2017, 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
      oting you, Primolilla:
      "I'm looking 20 plus years down the road with this guy and I don't want to be outmatched should I get a little too old. My wife isn't into the reptile scene and my kids will be long out of the house by that time."

I commend your foresight...I would encourage everyone to do likewise. It's better for us, & certainly better for our pets too. Especially important since the bigger they are, the harder they are to re-home.
      Kudos Primolilla! When I look at the pics of some snake rooms online, bins packed with dozens of young boas I often wonder what will happen when they all grow up. My big girl is still growing 5-6 inches a year. When she urinates it takes well over an hour to clean her, the cage and myself... and it has to be done ASAP. Your forethought is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Fu Joe View Post
        Whatchu talkin bout Willis? We had snow up here last weekend (few hours north of BOS). Well to be accurate it was some type of frozen white precipitation, but it was cold, wet and white. Went to some street festival and left after 20 minutes wet and frozen solid. My snakes-fat, myself-depressed and my motorcycles-dusty... When will it end?
        I can't figure why anyone lives in those cold places! Spent 32 years in Wisconsin. Done. No more winter. EVER. EVER

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Fu Joe View Post
          Kudos Primolilla! When I look at the pics of some snake rooms online, bins packed with dozens of young boas I often wonder what will happen when they all grow up. My big girl is still growing 5-6 inches a year. When she urinates it takes well over an hour to clean her, the cage and myself... and it has to be done ASAP. Your forethought is appreciated.
          I hear ya. This is quite the touchy subject. I've been around the hobby, a while but a short time IMO. I'm not the slightest interested in breeding. My snakes and cages are like relaxing, fish aquariums to me.

I'm not ancient, but I suspect I'm older than the average snake keeper, though I see a lot of other folks my age or older. Gus Rentfro (Boa God) is older and so is Vin Russo I suspect is older as well. Anyhow, I have made some observations over the years, and I too often see people buy a ball python, and then go absolutely bananas and add 5, 10 or more snakes in too short of a time. Look at some of the retic people that were "all in" and then completely out of the hobby 5 years later.

Anyhow, that was a rant. I'll be retired in the not too distant future and snakes will be a nice quite, relaxing hobby until I pass them on to my kids.

Boom!

Comment

OK and this LOL!

Comment

That's IT! I'm moving to Minnesota to steal your snake! Oops, I mean, to VISIT your snake, hee hee hee....and maybe bringing a fishing pole & a pocket-full of rats...

Comment

My goodness what a gorgeous boy!

Comment

Working...
                X