African Rock Python

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Rock Python

This topic makes me crazy. No one seams to know the answer. I have four African Rock Pythons. 2.2 My males are the larger two unfortunately, but I plan to breed someday. The problem is my largest "Boots". He doesn't look like any African Rock I can find a picture of. They all seem to have green and brown and black except him. He is only brown and black. He is REALLY dark. He is also HUGE! I mean he has the girth of a large Burmese Python. I know there are Sabae and Natalensis, but I don't know the difference between the two. Thanks for your time.

Re: African Rock Python

oops, sorry I don't even like colubids ;D I meant to click one up I guess. Give me a break I'm new 8)

Comment

There has been some rock/burm produced in the last 10 years and they have spread.. You may have one of these... this is why if you plan to breed it is important you get snakes that have all the documentation that they should when produced by a well knowen breeder...
      Eric aka...Red

Comment

oops, sorry I don't even like colubids

WHAT!!?? ColubRids are GREAT ! They are just different to deal with a bit than boids are basically. Of course they do NOT like to sit still at all either , like boids will.

As for the RP question... I haven't a clue on that at all myself....

Comment

I might be able to help here. A friend of mine was into breeding burms and he adopted what he was told was a weird looking burm that might be a genetic trait. Well the guy he got it off of had no idea about anything snake related so he did some research on its background. He found out that it most likely was a x between a burm/rock and it looked somewhat like what you have descibed. But without propere research into its backgroung or seeing what it looks like I can not say for sure. ???

Comment

Working...
          X