may soon be getting a ball python

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• may soon be getting a ball python

But I have a question. The python is aprox 4-5 years old, but is only 4 feet long. Now I know this can't be a very good thing, because my Ursula (a red tail boa) is only about 3-4 years old and is already almost 6.5 feet. Any ideas what may be wrong with this snake, if anything. Someone is selling it to me and I want to know if I'm going to have to take it to a vet as soon as I get it because there is something wrong with it. Well, not that taking it to a vet is a bad Idea or anything, so I probably will anyways. But, could it be ill and that is why it is not growing very well, or is there such a thing as a runt python?

Re: may soon be getting a ball python

4 feet is about right for a python at 4-5 years old.Red Tail Boas grow much faster than Ball Pythons.I was told that a Ball Python grows around 12 inches a year.So it adds up. ..My Ball is almost 3 years old and is 2 feet 8 inches.Ball Pythons dont get to long when there full grown,they get fatter than longer it seems.I dont believe you'll have to take this snake to the vet unless there is something seriously wrong with it....Goodluck.

Comment

Well ain't that just weird. Ok, I was thinking there was something wrong. I've always heard and read the Ball's grow as large as a red tail. But maybe that's burmese and I'm just confused. Oh, well. Thanks for the info. I don't feel so bad paying as much as they are asking for it. I'll probably take it to the vet anyhow, just to have it looked at and to get it sexed. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

b27.gif b27.gifNo problem..Glad to help. cwm4.gif When you get the snake post a pictue,I'd like to see the cutie....

Comment

I will if I can. I've been meaning to get some pix of Urusla, so I'll get some of the new little one too.

Comment

Working...
          X