Green Burms????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Burms????

Does anyone have any green burms for sale for a reasonabe price??? i cant seem to find anyone who has any.....

Re:Green Burms????

They go for like 200. I don't think you are going to find a better price then that... But if you are cool with that price then
    http://lllreptile.com/v2/content/cat...string=pythons
    This is going to be a good place to get it... I personly would only buy from bob clark if I was going to buy a burm (which I am not going to be.)..
    lll is a great place to get rep.s.. I have never herd any bad things about lll...

These guys have a sub adult for sale they have a good reputation as well...
    http://www.eastbayvivarium.com/price...thonlist.htmlI hope this helps...

Comment

I agree with Red.. For Pythons Bob Clark would be the guy.. I am kind of suprised that green Burms are going for 200. The albinos go for 200 here in the pet shops, and the greens go for 159 when they have them.. Green Burms don't sell well in this area. No clue why..

Good luck finding one..

Steve

Comment

Actually, due to heavy inbreeding, green burms and albino greens are doomed to Burmese Disease. Many green burms don't live very long. How many greens or albino greens have you seen larger than 8'? I'll bet you haven't seen too many.

Bry

Comment

steve the normals are not the green one... He is talking about the olive green ones.. You know I have not seen to many green burms at all tell you the truth.. and all have been babies....
          Eric aka....Red

Comment

Not to bash Bob Clark or anything, but I've heard that his snakes are heavily inbred, that's where the morphs come from. Supposedly, the inbreeding is what makes them more susceptible to BD, even if they are normal phse. From my understanding, some rescuers I know say they get in burm and retic rescues, and the only ones that don't eat well at all tend to come from him.

Bry

Comment

I have to agree with Bry here. I myself have heard to many nasty rumors about Bob Clark and how his burmese pythons are heavily inbred. There seems to be a lot of facts to prove it as well. I would love to see a couple of large green burmese pythons around, but it's very rare to find one in the 8+ range. Just my opinion.

Comment

Not to try to defend any body but arnt all albino anythings really inbred all of them came from a single parent long ago.. That means you are breeding relatives all the way around... no matter what... But I have herd that the albino burms from anybody are just as inbred... I know alot of burm fans and they all stay away from the albinos and well any of the morphs at all...
                Just a thought.. Is this what other people have herd or what....
                Eric aka....Red

Comment

Hey red,

Glad you clarified that for me. They do like the normals here as green that is why i was thinking that line.

Didn't hear all that stuff on Bob Clack.. Good to know..

Steve

Comment

Ok, Red, that's true, amelanism can be caused by inbreeding, but not always. Amelanism, or any morph, is just an indicator that something is wrong w/ that animal's genes. That's where mother nature comes in to weed them out, most of the morphs make the animal easy for predators to find. This keeps the animal from spreading its "faulty" genes, which would eventually lead to the demise of the species.

However, humans like the different appearance of morphed animals. They breed them to other animals, and often inbreed these traits to bring out more carriers of these traits. In addition, they keep these animals in captivity safe from the natural elements. I mean no disrespect to Clay, or anybody else, but how many times have you heard a breeder say "I'm going to breed this baby back to its parent to create more of this morph."? Inbreeding once or twice may not do any serious damage to the gene pool for future offspring, as long as they are outcrossed to clean up the gene pool. But, continuous inbreeding generation after generation will eventually weaken the gene pool and cause more serious problems, i.e. Burmese Disease. Call me crazy, but there's just something seriously wrong w/ a Burm only having one eye, or one eye larger than the other.

Snakes in a certain species do come from a common ancestor, but, in each generation, snakes breed with others that branches out their family tree. Which in turn creates a more diversified gene pool. You won't get the same result from breeding the same 5 snakes and their offspring back to each other over and over.

Although I prefer the look of normals, I don't see anything wrong with most morphs, as they are interesting to see. If you like snakes that look like living kaleidoscope sticks, more power to you. But, please keep the gene pools clean and healthy. They are in our care, and are totally dependent on us. I see it as our responsibility to do everything in our power to keep them, and their future offspring healthy.

Bry

Comment

One more thing I just wanted to add: I don't think Bob Clark is a bad guy or anything. We all have to earn our livings in our own ways. I just don't agree with the practice of continuously inbreeding snakes to create more income.

Bry

Comment

I see... I didn't know he did that more then most... ya' steve they call them greens around here too... lol.. I just was told different like 10 min's before I typed it out on here... hehe...
                        Ya' that is crazy... I like the normal snakes most of the time more then the screwed up morphs.. kinda like retarded look'in... But some are perty darn cool....
                        Well now that I know that does bob inbreed all his snakes or just the burms.... ??????
                        Eric aka....Red

Comment

Well, I've heard he does it with the retics too. I don't know if he does it with other species, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he does.

Br

Comment

One more thing I just wanted to add: I don't think Bob Clark is a bad guy or anything. We all have to earn our livings in our own ways. I just don't agree with the practice of continuously inbreeding snakes to create more income.

Bry
                            [quote author=Bry link=board=12;threadid=2418;start=msg15510#msg1551 0 date=1055186352]
                            Well, I've heard he does it with the retics too. I don't know if he does it with other species, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he does.

Bry
                            [/quote]

You know i have to agree very strongly with Bry on this.. He does do that with his retics to... And those poor Burms end up with alot of probs... :-\

Comment

That sux... because his retics are so spred out I bet it is really hard to find one with out his line it them... I mean I know like 10 people with bob clark retics and that is out of 20... That is a large %
                              Well I guess I will be very carful when getting a retic some day.
                              Eric aka...........Red

Comment

Working...
                              X