bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleeding

Hey guys. With Spots last shed, I noticed a small amount of bleeding at the tip of his tail. It stopped within a few minutes. He didn't seem to be in any pain, and he is just as active as usual. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I noticed that the very tip of his tail has a little tiny crusty piece, like a scab. He still doesn't seem to be in any pain even when I touch it. Should I be concerned, or just wait until the next shed (which should be pretty soon, his belly is pink). Thanks.
    Ted

Re:bleeding

Hmmmmmmmmm, others might have better answer's. I wonder how he got cut? I would wait until next shed to see if it comes off. If he bleeds again, then put some neosporin on it. Not the pain relieving kind. Just the regular. If it doesn't seem to be bothering him and there is already a scab forming, than it's healing........... I wouldn't worry a whole bunch.

**Beth**

Comment

Very well said Beth..

Gonna have to wait and see how it heals. If the skin is gone from the tip of the tail and the bone is showing you may have to have the tip taken off. But worry about that after the scab falls off.. No soaking for him till the scab comes off..

Steve

Comment

HI,
        I wonder if it was a tiny little retained shed on the tip from a previous shed??
        Doug

Comment

I think that's what it is. It doesn't look like a cut, and I know he had some bad sheds in the past with his previous owner. In fact, when I got him he had retained eye caps form 2 different sheds. It took a couple weeks of applying medicine to remove them.

Comment

Working...
          X