Who Says??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Says??

8) Ok there has been several times i have herd people say that jungle carpet or diamond pythons wont eat other prey than mice and sometimes are hard to get to eat rats.. Now whats funny is my Diamond X Jungle carpet python Psycho eats anything i offer him rats, gerbils, mice and even if i offerd a hamster i think he would eat that to.... So whats everyones opinion on this??

Psycho loves everything, here with a gerbil.

Re:Who Says??

I have herd that of JC's but not diamonds... I have always herd that they are nice because they will eat anything... lizards and even other snakes...
    But then again I don't know much about those types of snakes.... I was a part of a Austrailen (spelling?) site I think I herd that there...
    well I don't know but that is my opion... hehe
    I like jaya J/C's... They are super nice colored as adults....\
    Eric aka....Red

Comment

My JCP converted from fuzzy mice to pinky rats without a problem. BUT getting her to convert from pinky rats to fuzzy rats was not easy. Guess it was something to do with the hair on them. She treated them like they were not even food. I actually picked her up and put the rat up to her nose a few times and she didn't even recognize it as food at all.

I finally got her to start taking them 2 weeks ago thank god. I think if you convert them early enough it saves a crapload of heartache and trouble. I also think each snake is different, although I absolutely believe the general concensus of JCPs not being natural rat lovers.

As for diamonds, I know absolutely nothing about them.

Comment

I have talked with a guy I know about jcp's... Feeds mice... the biggest ones and a few of them...
        He said it is just easyer to buy a bunch of mice and not try to convert them...
        Eric aka....Red

Comment

8) Well i know one thing i would much rather have a snake that will take alot of diffrent prey than be hooked on one type prey as if ya run out of one thing and have another, atleast the snake will eat it.. With Psycho and also my argentine cross boa i switch there prey often so they will keep eatting whatever i offer them..

Comment

Working...
          X