Yall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yall

My Burm still wont eat I have switched to frozen from live and the problem is the darn snake will eat one mouse every once in a blue moon. I am really worried, i may have to take her back to the vet. My Ball on the other hand ;D That snake can eat! And its aggresive with its food too!

Re:Yall

Hi Boyenga,

Need more info.. Burms normally have a super strong feeding responce.. I would double check your temps, make sure they are high enough Warm side 89 cool side 82 with humidity about 60%. Do your best not to offer live, fresh killed should work just as well.

Stress is another issue that can make a burm go off feed. Do you have the cage setup in a super high traffic area of the house, is it seup next to or over a TV or stero.. the vibrations can cause stress and leed to problems..

Try to give some more info and maybe pics.. How old is the burm? Is this a new problem,? Cage size? cage temps? What type of temp controls are you using? where in the house is the cage setup? etc?

hope this helps a little..
    Steve

Comment

Haha..

I think i may know whats wrong. The cage is a 75 gallon, for the 3 ft long snake. I dont think heat is an issue, or humidity. Its in my room which i am the only person in. BUT, It is on top of my intertainment system, with my TV and Stereo.. I am guessing thats whats wrong!

Comment

Hey Boyenga,

It could very well be that. I know I had a great eater, it was a boa, I moved the tank over an entertainment center, and for that month that snake refused to eat. Two days after I moved the cage, started eating again and never missed a meal since.. Live and learn

Steve

Comment

HI,
          I had problems with a glass tank they seem to have adequate temps but you put your hand on the floor and its freezing, So I put uth's under 2/3 of the cage and put them on a thermostat to cycle off and on other wise they can over heat.
          Another trick is to buy some cheap wall insulation that silver sided stuff and cover the floor of the cage external and the back and the side you can't see cut to fit and a little duck tape instant ice chest or should it be warm chest.. . It will help stabilize you temps .
          hope this helps.
          doug

Comment

Well i have two heating pads under it. Heat hasnt ever seemed to be a problem. I am a teenager so i listen to my music and TV loud, that is whats wrong i belive.

Comment

Working...
            X