The Disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disease

What is the Disease that Boas carry that kills a python in a matter of days called? Just curious.

Re:The Disease

I B D.. Boas's die from it too.. Just they find some pythons will be affected and die easier from it..

Steve

Comment

Yup IBD, seen BPs die pretty fast from getting it from a boa close to them in another cage in the same room, was not cool and the boa with IBD was not cool had to have it put down pretty quick...

Comment

Inclusion Body Disease, is basically AIDES for boids. This disease is a weakening of the immune system. And death is immenent. There is no cure for IBD, and once the disease is present, it can spread rapidly.

The "python" test for IBD you are talking about, is where some people will place an inexpensive python (ball) with the boa. IF IBD is present the python will die quickly.

Although I have not seen any of this, it is the reason I always recommend that boas and pythons are never kept together.
        To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
        -Clay English
        Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

I wouldnt keep a boa and pythong together period regardless for the IBD. I can only keep my Burm and Ball together for a couple more months!

Comment

Hey Boyenga,

Watch mixing different types of snakes.. Many (even the same class of snakes) can pass things to each other that can kill the other one.. Plus Burms can eat a ball python of the same size.. And Burms are total pigs, so it could very well happen.

May want to switch things ASAP..

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X