bp started but first LOl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bp started but first LOl

ok well i fed my bp today and he ate the mouse butt first??in dont remember but is this bad?

Re: bp started but first LOl

If the mouse is alive it could be bad, if it's a F/T no it won't hurt anything, but it does look weird. I have a boa that absolutly insists that eating it backwards is the only way to eat it!!!

Comment

ok never mind its just he started to open his mouth and was about to start at the butt, then he turned it around...but any ways is it bad if he does start from the butt?

Comment

No, like I said, it's only bad if you feed live!!!

Comment

Well even if you feed live it is no problem do to the fact that most snakes kill there prey before eating it... So what evil was saying is it the mouse is alive when the snake is in fact swallowing it then this can be bad do to the fact that the mouses head is the last thing to go down and it can scratch and bite the snake before it is down the hatch...
          Eric aka...Red

Comment

Some snakes will do this at times, nothing to really worry about. However, it can also be a sign that you may need to step up the prey size, but that is not always the case.

Comment

What is worse is I just got some baby ball pythons.
              2 of them ate their fuzzy mouse but first.
              tha bad part was they were not totally dead yet.
              I felt so bad.
              Just imagine being gobled up by something.
              I am sure the mousies felt terrified.
              Oh well.

Comment

It definately won't harm the snake sucking it down backwards, but may be uncomfortable. I find that Kingsnakes are the big culprits of eating weird. I had a Cali-King that would eat them sideways. b31.gif

Comment

Side-ways?!?!?!?! How did he manage that one!!!!!????

Comment

He would get them from the side and fold them over as he sucked them down. It looked very painful!

Comment

well dang i imagine that isnt vary fun for him...im sure that took along time to get it down....

Comment

Fluffy has been known to eat a mouse or two backwards, it just takes a little longer to get it down, but it won't hurt the snake.
                        I have always wanted to snap a picture of it, though, its really weird seeing it!
                        Fluff has also tried to take a couple sideways. that really takes a while to get down. Since I have moved up to a larger size prey though, It hasn't happened. Maybe an idea.
                        Lisa

Comment

The only possible problem with them eating backwards is the legs can cause younger snakes without the better strength to regurge. That is rare though.

Comment

8)Yesterday my Diamond x Jungle python took down 2 full size F/T mice backwards, butt first... He had no probs at all.. Thats not the first time he's eatting wierd like that.. He's a real character..... ;D 8)

Comment

Re:bp started but first Lol

I am hoping to catch a picture when you can only see the mouse head in fluffy's mouth! It's actually quite funny in a warped kinda way!
                              Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X