Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it healthy to control burm size with diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it healthy to control burm size with diet?

If I wanted a 8ft burm, is it harmful if I fed them once a month?

Re: Is it healthy to control burm size with diet?

I would just get a smaller snake.... It is never very healthy to stunt the groth of a snake.
    A 8ft burm at full groth is perty inprobable anyways.... You may be able to keep in around 10ft... Anyways just get a carpet python or a blood python or even a woma they are nice..... Burms, rocks, and retics are kinda a speciality thing... for the people with the room for them... I don't quit know how burms became this stable seller in pet stores but it is just in humane to do... The reality is a burm in a small cage is kinda' a shame..... They need large walk in cages with lots of room...
    Well that is my .02
    Eric aka....Red
    P.s. I don't know if once a month would keep a burm small anyways...

Comment

Most snakes have a standard size that they are going to grow anyhow. You can usually make a snake get bigger than normal, by power feeding them, but as far as making them smaller by starving them is not very healthy at all. I would not recommend it!!!!!

Comment

:'( cwm36.gif I agree dont starve the burm just to keep it small, thats awful i had a really big burm that was pushin the 13ft mark and i sure didnt starve it to keep it small and we had a huge cage we built our self, that was 8ft long by 4ft wide and 5ft tall..He was getting one 8 to10 pound rabbit every 2 1/2 weeks. Please dont make your snakes go hungry just to keep them small.. :'(

Comment

Oh ya I forgot you also don't want to starve you snake because your snake may get mean... The last thing you want is a 10ft snake that is pissed.
          Eric aka...Red

Comment

OK.. First.. as others have said here...It is just not right to basically be starving a snake in order to try and control it's potential growth size at all. It also is not healthy to be doing at all for the snake and could possibly cause health issues for the snake if done too.
            NOT to mention that I really don't think that anyone would want to be dealing with a hungry burm at all either. They can get really intense when they are hungry....and MEAN/NASTy would be putting it lightly in regards to a HUGE hungry burm also.
            Best to go with a smaller specie of snake/python if you want a smaller snake.

Comment

Stunting a snake's growth is unhealthy and will eventually lead to ailments. All animals, no matter the reason, should be properly fed. If you do not want a huge burmese, then settle for a snake that meets your criteria. As the others have stated, who would want a hungry snake with the potential to actually harm and even cause death to a person. I sure would not.

Comment

Working...
              X