X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so bummed..

Hey all,

I am so bummed. The Ball python I picked up "Dot" (Picks below in the Dot post). Well I was stressing abit because Dot hasn't eaten since I got her. OK, new Ball, fat, no big worry yet, just stressful.. Anyway. Last week she went into shed. OK, maybe after she sheds she will eat. Well she shed today and I picked her up to look at her colorings. The white dots down her back are gone. Everyone of them. That was the reason I got her.. Arrrgghhh.. I was hoping the white dots would get bigger and maybe more.. I never had a snake that did that much of a color shift in one shed.. Sorry just venting..

Steve

Re: I am so bummed..

That sux... I herd of a guy that bought a blue corn snake and found out it was dyed... That type of stuff sux... I wonder what happend...
    Eric aka...Red

Comment

:-/That is a bummer Steve,, wow as she sheds watch for other changes, she might get diffrent color to her or she might get white spots some place else..Maybe she will get even brighter gold to.. Cassies female changes everytime she sheds, she started out high yellow and now going chocolate hypo or like a carmel color...Its wierd but i like her color.. So has she eatting for you yet Steve????

Comment

Hi Red,

I have heard stories like that for years, everything from the snake being bleached to colored to painted.. I would be hunting for the seller if that happened to me.. Still not sure what happened. Unless this girl has some traite in her that she loses as soon as the first shed..

I will deal with it for now. I just wanted another female with odd white on her..

Steve

Comment

Hi Barracuda_41,

Yeah I can hope for some cool changes, just wanted those dots..

As for feeding, no luck so far. I offered food the day after her shed and no interest what so ever. Gonna keep trying and change some food items to see if I can get her feeding. I am slightly worried only because she only weighs 52 grams. I don't think she ever fed yet. She is real young. The egg sack connector is not 100% gone yet..

Steve

Comment

8)Hey Steve, now you know why i keep gerbils on hand here at the house.. plus i us them for breeding.. I use them for non eatting BP's and other snakes.. This is what i do the first feeding i use a gerbil of apropriate size if the BP takes it good , then the next feeding i scent a mouse in used gerbil bedding for few hrs, almost everytime the BP takes it straight away, then the next meal i offer regular prey no scent and no gerbil.. Once the baby starts eatting mice you shouldnt have any probs after that. My baby BP's eat mice every 5 days, i have one that eats right thru its shed cycle everytime.. Just a sugestion incase you wana try it on yours.. If all else fails try a gerbil..

Comment

Hi Barracuda_41,

I did try the gerbil thing before it was going into a shed. May try it again. I mainly have 4 tanks of gerbils I sell them to the pert shop with mice and rats. But heck if I can get this girl to eat, she can have them.. Gonna try again tomorrow..

Thanks
              Steve

Comment

8)Steve what size prey are you trying on her?? Try something small and cut its nose open, this sometimes helps also... Ive never had a BP refuse a gerbil befour..But the nose cut open gives off some smell and seems to help..

Comment

Working...
                X