This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Ball pic

I found this pic to have turned out very cool and purely by accident.

Re: Cool Ball pic

Gee TC:
    What kind of flag is that? ???

Comment

??? :P :-[ :-X :'( cwm8.gif cwm22.gif cwm23.gif cwm23.gif cwm21.gif cwm15.gif cwm15.gif cwm12.gif cwm12.gif cwm12.gif cwm11.gif cwm2.gif cwm8.gif cwm8.gif cwm15.gif

Comment

It's a regular old ordinary Confederate Flag. It's not meant to be offensive. I collect flags and this pic was a sharp pic because of the lighting. That bright light was not in any of the other pics. I like and collect flags. I especially like the Confederate Flag. It's not meant to be offensive. The rebel flag on my tattoo is not meant that way either. I think the general population is way too sensative about symbols.

Comment

TC:
          I was born in Texas, but spent most of my life in Honolulu. So, I was serious when I asked what the flag was. I have been to seven countries and have seen zillions of flags. I thought it looked familiar, but was not certain what it was. As a native of Texas, I should have known that it was confederate, but you do not see that symbol around as much as you used to.

I regret that you got some heat over the pic. It is indeed a fabulous shot. But please be aware that the confederate flag continues to segregate people who would normally get along just fine. For many people, the idea of a "rebel" flag is really cool. But for people of color, it communicates loud and clear that you might be a proponent of segregation, slavery, inequality, white supremacy, police brutality, lynching of minority men, interest in refusal to educate people of African decent, etc., etc. ad nauseum. I am sure from my many communications with you that this is not an accurate portrait of the kind of man you are. But putting the confederate flag on your truck, in front of your house or on your arm, sends an alarming message to millions of Americans to consider you an enemy, even though this is not your intent. There is still a lot of pain in America's history. It was not so long ago that man's inhumanity to man was in the spotlight here in the American south. I am only 42 years old, yet I have a photograph of myself with my great-great grandmother who was born a slave. Slavery to us meant more than involuntary servitude. Think of what it must have been like to be a beautiful black woman during slavery and you will know what the confederate flag means to African American heritage.

www.geocities.com/barbara_tutt/personal.html

Comment

love the pic tc

Comment

Working...
            X