This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glorious Ratsnakes

Due to the lack of owning a digitalus camerus, a friend took pics of my ratsnakes and tarantulas for me. He was also nice enough to lose a little blood in the process. Apparently, eyebrows are an acquired taste.

Gray Ratsnake

Black Ratsnake or Black/Gray intergrade?

Are these close enough for you?

Bry

Re:Glorious Ratsnakes

***? Obviously, I know how to post pictures. But...the pics up there won't post. On the status bar at the bottom of the browser, it tells me the pictures are downloading. So um, where are the pics then? Did I miss something? ???

Bry

Comment

I'm not sure what could have happened, but we are looking forward to seeing the pics you have. You've made it sound very interesting so far, almost have us on the edge of our seats!! Can't wait to see them, hope you figure it out soon.

Jeff

Comment

Ask Steve because when we switched over to this new format he had a problem, but since has resolved it. He may have the answer to your problem. 8)

Comment

Hi Bry,

I was waiting to see these pics. I love Rat snakes. To be honest I asked Clay why I was having a picture posting problem and he said he had to clear and reset something. I guessed it was in the forum and not directly with my user info. I am not sure. Wish I was. I will try to post a pic with your thread here to see if it is a glitch in this thread.. If it works, you may want to email message Clay.. Sorry wish I could help more..

The pic is of my 7 foot 2 inch Blue beauty. Not a good pic, but its a rat snake..

Steve

Comment

Yeah, I have noticed the attachments work ever since Clay cleared out and reset something, whatever it was. But, it's weird to me that linking images doesn't work.

By the way Steve, that's a beautiful rat snake you have there. They don't call them beauty snakes for nothin'.

Bry

Comment

Sorry Bry,

I didn't know you were linking the images. It is odd that you are not even getting a little red X image box. I did notice it went through the process of loading a image in the info box, but no pic. I have been planning on linking some images off my site to save Clay some bandwith. But I will wait till this is fixed..

Yeah gotta love rat snakes. She is such a puppy. I don't think I could ever part with her. I fell for her when I checked out her moms head. Love those large scales. This is a headshot of the above snake..

Steve

Comment

I give up...it worked for ReticEd. This is my adult male gray ratsnake. By the way, T.C., these are the ratsnakes I got from you last year.

Comment

This is my sub-adult black rat intergrade. He was sold to me as a black, but at 4' he should be pure black by now. He might be a black/gray or a black/Texas intergrade. Either way, I still like the way he looks.

Comment

Hey Bry,

Glad it worked.. Now what kind of rat snake is that, not just the sicentific name..?

Nice looking rat you got there.

Steve

Comment

The first one is a Gray Ratsnake - Elaphe Obsoleta Spiloides. The second one is most likely a Black Ratsnake intergrade with either a Gray or a Texas. The Blacks are Elaphe Obsoleta Obsoleta, and the Texans are Elaphe Obsoleta Lindhermi.

Comment

Nice I like him..

I swear every time I get a call to remove a black rat snake here in NY. That I will keep him.. But they are getting rarer to find and would hate to be the last straw in that problem.. one day i will buy one..

So Bry, any more Rat snakes?
                        Steve

Comment

Actually yes, I do have two more rat snakes. This is my adult female corn snake.

Comment

This is my rescue juvie male candy cane corn snake. I rescued him from a friend who didn't seem to have fed him in over a year. When I got him in August of last year, he was nothing but skin and bones. This picture is from August 2002.

Comment

Whoa mama, Steve shes a real awsome Blue Beauty!!! Bry, im glad i was able to see your pics, sneak preview befourhand hehehehehe!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X