No announcement yet.

Simple plain old wild type ball python.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple plain old wild type ball python.

I got this girl to try to get my 7 year old interested in snakes, with the full expectation that she'd become my snake. Well, she's my snake, a great feeder, and easy to handle. My daughter prefers my BCIs to hold, though.

Re: Simple plain old wild type ball python.

I have a plain old normal too-first snake ever, local pet store pawned him off on me when closing up shop as I had did all his care since they got him, owner was too afraid to touch him. He's a great one to be able to hand off to non snake people.

Comment

I actually like the "plain old wild-type ball pythons" the best anyway. I think nature does a better job than we do in selecting for healthy & practical, & they are no slouches to look at anyway. Easy to forget that
      no matter how fancy the snake is that you choose, you'll be seeing them every day for many years and no matter what, their appearance becomes 'mundane'.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have the one that needs a home anyway. Same reason my dogs always come from shelters.

Comment

I prefer natural wild-type in most cases as well. They're almost always at least as gorgeous as designer morphs. A lot of the morphs seem to lose the character that make the species what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ophidia View Post
          ... A lot of the morphs seem to lose the character that make the species what it is.
          Especially when you end up with head-wobbles or other health issues. (face > palm)

Comment

Nice looking beeper. I have to say that 1/3 of all my snakes are 'normals' but I prefer to call them 'classics'!
            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
            X