Decision Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision Assistance

Ok everyone over the last few days I have made a few curious threads and now I need help .....I had all intentions of ordering a boa from bryans boas or boaphile spending roughly with shipping 200 give or take a few then I ran into a guy I associate with not to often he runs a reptile rescue and he told me to go to the Hamburg show Dec 5 to save me money. Well thinking about it the past 3 days I realized its not gonna save me money at all if anything I'm going to lose money because I normally work sat mornings for 6 hours time and a half and its an hour and 45 min drive for me and with Christmas commin up I need my OT. So if you were in my shoes do you go to the show or order from a breeder online. Aslo how much can I get RTB for at the shows ??

Re: Decision Assistance

Your not going to save any money with that far of a drive. With Bryan or Jeff you will get very nice high quality boas. If it were me and I needed to work I would definately order online.

Comment

I'd go to work and make the money.
      Also in many cases not all people who buy a Boa from a person at a
      show get as good of a deal as they first think they do.
      All too often the person at the show is unkown/unreliable and
      the Boa you get comes with alot of problems.
      Then there is no one to turn to when problems occur
      This isn't always the case there are many great people at reptile
      shows with great deals on wonderful animals.
      You have to look at their set up , look at their animals and use a
      discerning eye to make your decision.
      I'm saying Don't just look at the price or just one animal.
      Look at all the animals on the table and see if they appear healthy

Plus you don't have that added comfort of researching the person
      if they have a good Rep , bad Rep or no rep.

So that's what you have to consider !

Lar M
      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Go with Jeff or Brian. Both are far more reliable than a show "vendor".

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

There are pros and cons to both.

It really depends on exactly what it is you are looking for. Both Bryan and Jeffe have amazing, high quality boas. Even with shipping, you can get some awesome animals from either of them. If there is a future breeding program in your future, That's the way I'd go.

If you're just looking to pick up a nice, normal BCI, (not that there's anything wrong with normals...) then you might check out the show. You CAN save money at shows, but not always. Like Lar said, you don't always know who you're dealing with at the shows.

In the end, do which ever you think works out best for you. Just be sure to post pics of your new baby here!

-Sean in NoCal
          “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
          -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

I'm not too familiar with boa morphs but I am looking now at brians 50% possible super salmon I really love the color on it and I bet it looks even better in person. So what do you all think. I'm not planning on breeding either

Comment

Originally posted by Poleock View Post
              I'm not too familiar with boa morphs but I am looking now at brians 50% possible super salmon I really love the color on it and I bet it looks even better in person. So what do you all think. I'm not planning on breeding either
              Even if you don't plan on breeding now, you might in the future! lol. It happens to the best of us. A POS super is a wonderful snake. I wish I had one. You can't go wrong there. Bryan is a great guy too!

Comment

I'd say go with online order, so you can go to work and make money. Shows are fun, but driving that far is expensive on gas. Even if you are not planning on breeding now, I would get something that has breeding potential, because as others said you my change your mind. I started out wanting one snake, one corn, and now I have 4 corns and 2 boas and I am already planning my future breeding business. Can't wait to see what you pick!

Comment

Working...
                X