Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumerils ground boa breeder

Hello everyone.

I recently seen these boa's and I'm fairly interested. I'm surprised I don't see them as available as your columbian boas. I absolutely love the appearance and temperament I've seen thus far.

- I am looking for a respectable breeder that deals with this species. Does anyone know anyone?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Re: Dumerils ground boa breeder

Not sure where you're located, but there's a shop in Phoenix that breeds them. I can't vouch for the shop as I've only bought feeders from them. I also don't know if they'd do an online transaction and ship, but if you want their info let me know and I'll find it and PM you.

Comment

I thought there was a Dumerils breeder on this forum. Maybe [MENTION=7657]Pandorasdad[/MENTION]?

Comment

Dumerils are one of those I've never kept but wish I had. I've seen them discussed here by those members currently keeping them, so keep digging & hopefully see where they got theirs.

Comment

I have several from Tom Prato in Winchester, VA. His snakes are excellent quality. He also breeds a dwarf line - basically the same critter but in a much smaller package.

Comment

I got mine from Paul Mitzelfelt. Beautiful, amazingly calm and docile, I got him and two baby short tails around the same time this spring and it's nice to have a baby I can reach right in and grab without coming out bloody.

Comment

I am breeding my adult pair this winter so hopefully I will have some baby Dumerils come spring time. I did seen the male breeding with her the other night. Here are some older pictures of my adults.

Male

Female

Take care
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthyBoas View Post
                I am breeding my adult pair this winter so hopefully I will have some baby Dumerils come spring time.
                Sorry Tom [MENTION=5116]McCarthyBoas[/MENTION], I couldn't remember who was breeding them. Nice pair you have there.

Comment

Thanks everyone :-)

Comment

Paul Mitzelfelt is who I sold my proven pair to. He has a large collection of Dumerils.

Comment

Well, I was fairly lucky. I had to take another snake to the vet and so he gave me a recommendation on a local breeder. I found a few dumerils that a breeder had at my nearest expo. Got a male that just got switched over to frozen thawed. Unfortunately he had no females so I'm in the market for a female. One of the most docile snakes I've came in contact with lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Serpent9790 View Post
                        Well, I was fairly lucky. I had to take another snake to the vet and so he gave me a recommendation on a local breeder. I found a few dumerils that a breeder had at my nearest expo. Got a male that just got switched over to frozen thawed. Unfortunately he had no females so I'm in the market for a female. One of the most docile snakes I've came in contact with lol.
                        Congrats! I have a few Dums and adore them.

Don't let that docile demeanor fool you BTW, mine are very quick to strike if they think there's a feeder about, even if they just ate the day before. Once they know they're not getting fed they go right back to being chill.

Comment

Lol. I just pray mine has a good feeding response. I've heard of many feeding issues with them :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Serpent9790 View Post
                            That's probably better anyway, this way you're much more likely to have a completely un-related pair of snakes...assuming you want a pair for eventual breeding.

Comment

I definately do. I want to focus on snakes that are not as popular as balls or red tails when it comes to breeding.

Comment

Working...
                              X