Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Kenyan Sand Boa Keepers/Breeders around these here forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Kenyan Sand Boa Keepers/Breeders around these here forums?

Don't read much about these on here. Anyone into these?

I currently only have an Anery Male which is now ready to breed, so I'm looking for a sub-adult or adult Female of some sort. Still undecided on the morph...

Re: Any Kenyan Sand Boa Keepers/Breeders around these here forums?

I have a male Lava morph Kenyan Sand Boa. His is only a few months old though, about 5-6 inches long right now. I think he is in his first shed, since I've had him, because his skin has gotten really dull over the past few days. I was in the shop buying stuff for my RTB one day and the shop owner, a friend of mine, pulled me aside and said he had something cool to show me. That was it, I left that day with him. I love how when I hold him sometimes, he doesn't realize he's not on sand and tries to burrow into my hand. They are really cool little snakes.

Comment

Yeah - they are cool little snakes. Not like colubrids that try to get away the whole time. Mine will chill out in my hand, move slowly enough for the kids to hold him, etc.

And yes that burrowing behavior is funny. I'm looking forward to getting a couple more...

Comment

If you are looking for babies, my neighbor breeds these and sells them pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by JKReptiles View Post
          If you are looking for babies, my neighbor breeds these and sells them pretty cheap.
          Thanks. There are plenty of babies around, and I'll no doubt pick up another. But I'm anxious to get an adult female to pair with my male soon, rather than waiting 3 years for a baby to reach breeding age.

Comment

i have a pair of kenyan sand boas there 66% het snow and there awsome lil snakes i plan to breed them my female is 100grams and my male is 46grams ive had them ever since they were babys but there not ready to breed just yet. i cant wait to see what i get.

Comment

I only have Kenyan Sand Boas. They are great snakes, especially for my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by hertzogcraig View Post
                I have a male Lava morph Kenyan Sand Boa. His is only a few months old though, about 5-6 inches long right now. I think he is in his first shed, since I've had him, because his skin has gotten really dull over the past few days. I was in the shop buying stuff for my RTB one day and the shop owner, a friend of mine, pulled me aside and said he had something cool to show me. That was it, I left that day with him. I love how when I hold him sometimes, he doesn't realize he's not on sand and tries to burrow into my hand. They are really cool little snakes.
                LoL, same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, only I did not buy it but I was picking up some rat supplies to expand my breeding and I went to the snake room and they were telling me about it (It was Kenyan) and I got it out and played with it. It peed on me a little bit but he was pretty sweet.

I went back about 1 1/2 weeks ago to buy it, but it was gone. I picked up an albino corn instead. I am definitly interested in them and liked the one I played with a lot. I held him for around 30 minutes -- I'm friends with the owner of this store too so I play with a lot of their snakes. I did not have my new boaphiles at the time so I could not pick him up when I first saw him and he seems to of sold pretty quick (it was two weeks difference).

I do plan to pick one up in the near future. I think it'd be cute if it tried to burrow in to my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
                  LoL, same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, only I did not buy it but I was picking up some rat supplies to expand my breeding and I went to the snake room and they were telling me about it (It was Kenyan) and I got it out and played with it. It peed on me a little bit but he was pretty sweet.

I went back about 1 1/2 weeks ago to buy it, but it was gone. I picked up an albino corn instead. I am definitly interested in them and liked the one I played with a lot. I held him for around 30 minutes -- I'm friends with the owner of this store too so I play with a lot of their snakes. I did not have my new boaphiles at the time so I could not pick him up when I first saw him and he seems to of sold pretty quick (it was two weeks difference).

I do plan to pick one up in the near future. I think it'd be cute if it tried to burrow in to my hand.
                  They are cool little snakes. One of the babies I bought did pee on me when he was new and still learning I wasn't going to hurt him. But none of my others have and they all are super docile.

One thing I really like them is that they are slow moving and will hang out in your hand, etc. Great for the kids and friends who like to hold them. As opposed to my Mexi Milksnake - she's nice but racey - contstantly tries to slip out of your hand and get away.

Comment

kenyan sand boa not eating any info on someone to contact?

Comment

I realize this post is a little 'old' but I hope you are successful with breeding. I have been playing with the idea of breeding a sand Boa (same as fireproof I don't want to wait 3 years). I want to research a little more and hopefully talk to a couple of breeders while I am on the hunt for a breeding paiir =)

Comment

Good luck finding your snake a mate! I have been thinking about buying my step daughter a sand boa because she likes our snakes but she has a hard time inderstanding how to properly hold them because they move around so much. So this have been helpful thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X