X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bebowebb
    Administrator
    • Jul 2009

Rules for posting in the "Some like it HOT!" sub-forum - READ BEFORE POSTING

Information
    New rules regarding the "Some like it HOT!" sub-forum

There are some new rules and regulations taking effect in the "Some like it HOT!" sub-forum.

1. Pictures depicting the "free-handling" of any venomous snake species are NOT allowed.
    2. Pictures deemed to be in violation of this policy will be removed.
    3. Members violating this policy will be subject to the warning/infraction system.
    4. The warning/infraction system is used at the discretion of RTB Staff and can include a warning, an infraction, and a temporary or permanent ban from RedTailBoas.com.

*Species considered "mildly-venomous" and lizards will be evaluated on an individual basis.*

If you have any questions regarding posting in the "Some like it HOT!" sub-forum, please contact a RTB Staff member (Global Moderator or Administrator). A list of RTB Staff members can be found at the following link under:

Show Groups - RedTailBoas Ultimate Reptile Community

Members with questions regarding any other Terms of Service may reference the RTB Terms of Service Agreement at the following link:

New rules may be added to this thread as needed or deemed appropriate by RTB Staff. Please check back on this thread from time-to-time when posting in this sub-forum.

Thank you for your understanding and compliance.

Last edited by ldydrgn; 08-19-2015, 09:18 PM. Reason: removed a redundancy
    "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic
  • Noelle7206
    Snake Master
    • Mar 2011

Re: Rules for posting in the "Some like it HOT!" sub-forum - READ BEFORE POSTING

How about venomous lizards? (playing devil's advocate here...) I hope you're not picking on snakes?

Comment

• Pandorasdad
      RTB Staff / Global Moderator
      • Apr 2008

Re: Rules for posting in the "Some like it HOT!" sub-forum - READ BEFORE POSTING

Originally posted by Noelle7206
      How about venomous lizards? (playing devil's advocate here...) I hope you're not picking on snakes?
      My personal feeling on this is that gilla monster and beaded lizard venom is much less potent and dangerous. Free handling both species is common. I've seen a pretty bad reaction to a beaded bite before, but nothing like what a snake would do.
      Copperheads have relatively minor venom, but bad stuff can still happen...
      Last edited by Pandorasdad; 08-18-2015, 06:34 PM.

-Sean in NoCal
      “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
      -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

• shelleyr123
        Snake Lover
        • Oct 2012

I think they're "picking on" the practice of free handling ANY venomous animal regardless of species...I'm betting they wouldn't like photos of someone running a box jellyfish through their fingers or petting a blue ringed octopus either...I don't think you could find any professional grown up herpetologist who would recommend this kind of behavior, and, in my old age, I find that I'm definitely for professional and grown up Definitely a positive step forward for this forum...

Comment

• Pandorasdad
          RTB Staff / Global Moderator
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by shelleyr123
          I think they're "picking on" the practice of free handling ANY venomous animal regardless of species
          Not at all true. There are many species that are considered venomous that are fine to handle. As I stated, I'm not worried about you handling gilla monsters and beaded lizards. I draw the line a komodo dragons. Also, feel free to free handle a hognose, which is mildly venomous, or at least can have a reactionary saliva. (Not necessarily venom.)
          Last edited by Pandorasdad; 08-18-2015, 05:45 PM.

-Sean in NoCal
          “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
          -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

• kurtsherps
            Snake Keeper
            • May 2014

Aw nuts how am I supposed to show my black mamba handling skills??!! Lol

Comment

• bebowebb
              Administrator
              • Jul 2009

The original post has been updated to include the following:

"Species considered 'mildly-venomous' and lizards will be evaluated on an individual basis."
              "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Working...