This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Nights Bug Hunt Find..

8) ;D Well last night Cassie and i went out on a critter bug hunt like we do on most warms nights.. Sure enough after not seeing them for 2yrs. we came across this millie... Then later on i went back out with the dog and looked around again and came across the smaller one.. Wooohoooo Milliapedes.. pretty purpleish burgandy color with bright red legs.. There young still and one almost looks like a male and the other a female, wont really know till they get bigger... Il get some better outside shots of them later on...

This is the larger one, first one found..

Re:Last Nights Bug Hunt Find..

8)and another shot, its hard to get there color with that flash..

Comment

:-\ Well not the best shot but you can kinda see there red legs.. The smaller one was the second one found...

Comment

:-[ Eeeeeeeeeeeek this pic didnt come out, crud.. oh well better try later outside.... :-[

Comment

Good catch, Cuda. They look a bit like African Giants, but maybe that's just the pic. How big are they supposed to get?

Bry

Comment

8)Bry the ones we had few yrs ago , same as these grew to between 4 and 5 inches, had them for a long time... These guys are not even half way grown.. there cool little pets.... Im havin a hard time finding info on these and pics of them... ??? :-[ Dude thay are a pretty color compared to the african giant blacks..

Comment

8) ;D Ok well tonights hunt produced another millie for me weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i have such wonderful luck... LOL!! heres all 3 of them now... eeeeee crud ya can see how pretty they are..

Comment

8)and one more shot..... ;D

Comment

ok,.................now T's i can handle but mili's, NO FRIGGIN WAY. LMAO Theres no way I'de ever, ever, never ever ever, let one of those things crawl on me. NO WAY. LOL But there cool to look at from a distance. LOL Sweet find cuda.

Comment

Oh man you are missing out.....I have 5 that I caught in Carlsbad....alot different from these. Mine are about 6-7" and are black and yellow striped. I like to purple coloration of this species and would like some in my collection!!!!!!! Man cuda...now I gotta go up there and do some critter collecting with ya!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

;D Hey Jay everyone that comes here for a visit always goes home with some kind of critters... The millies you got sound real intresting.. where did ya get um?? I bet the yellow color on black is cool as ever... Hey Jay ya need to get some pics of some of your critters.. we would love to see um... ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X