This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Cricket Day!!!

:-/ Ok so i orderd 2000 crickets and as always we get them alittle cold so it slows them down and its easier to put them into there cage... Well sure enough my oldest daughters boy friend opened the box befour i knew they had come in and whoa!!!! crickets everywhere....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr > So now its all about catching them all.. My T's are having a blast eatting as many as they can...I turned my plated lizard out on the floor so he can have fun eatting them... Got most of them back in the cage now but still have maybe a 100 or more loose.. Man if i didnt have so many places for the T's to hide or get stuck under i would just turn the T's loose for few days... Told Perry im gona pop him one good if this ever happens again.. He will be catching crickets for sure.... b17.gif b24.gif b28.gif

Re: Crazy Cricket Day!!!

So how do you cool them exactly... I have never herd of this...
    Well I don't know about anything that eats crickets...
    Just snakes here....
    Eric aka....Red

Comment

8) s15.gif Chilling crickets is very easy to do.. Its something that we do so transfering them to there regular cage is alot easier to do and no escapeies...LOL!!! It bascilly slows them down when there cold. we usualy put the box in the fridge durring the summer for about 20 min.. and durring the winter we just stick the box outside for about 15 min...you dont want to kill them ya just want to make them morbid like...hehehehehe!!!! All your T's, frogs and lizards will eat crickets..Also salamanders and newts enjoy them.. s31.gif s1.gif

Comment

Back when I kept lizards, I had a smooth-sided black Rubbermaid that the crickets were not able to climb out of. I simply just cut the tape with a knife, turn the box upside down, and open up the lid and let 'em fall out. Maybe I'm just mean that way. It's always a good idea to turn the box upside down and open the lid above a tub. Unless of course, this is some sort of prank, like say...ahh, a certain ex-roommate's bed. :

Bry - I'm innocent, really...

Comment

Hey barricuda I have a way for you to clean up those escaped crickets. A friend of mine who's house is known as reptile world thought it up. He always has over 100 herps at any time and often has the crickets that escape which anoy the hell out of him b17.gif. So he bought four day geckos and let them lose in the house (his whole house has the temps and humidy required for tropical herps). They will scare the hell out of you when they come out of hiding and rip accross the ceiling but they always find all the cricket escapies. Not an easy solution but hell it means you would have to get some little critters .

Comment

Working...
          X