Green June Beetle Macro Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green June Beetle Macro Shots

I was cleaning out the skimmer basket for the pool today and found these guys at the bottom of it. The best I can tell these are just Green June Beetles, if I am wrong please correct me. It's pretty cool the metal flake look in there sides and legs and thought I would try a few macro shots of them. As you can see in the last picture, they died a happy death..... Well that's what I thought anyways but towards the end of the photo shoot they actually started moving around so I put them on the ground so hopefully they make a full recovery and there intimate effort paid off.

IMG_6410 by Todd Z., on Flickr

IMG_6428 by Todd Z., on Flickr

IMG_6398 by Todd Z., on Flickr

IMG_6393 by Todd Z., on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Todd

Re: Green June Beetle Macro Shots

I envy your photography skills!!!

Amazing shots.

Comment

Their color is amazing! as well as the photography. They look like aliens in my opinion. Imagine these things at like a foot long...freaks me out. haha

Comment

Green June Beetle Macro Shots

Amazing shots, brother!

I was excited to see these pics after talking to you earlier. Even more impressed after seeing them!

Glad to hear that they actually lived through the experience. Lol
        "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Holy Cow. What great shots!

Comment

Great shots Todd. Which macro lens are you using?

Comment

[MENTION=16988]thecasualchemist[/MENTION] thank you very much for the compliment.

[MENTION=18574]JayBoa1372[/MENTION] I agree on the alien part. These beetles are already big, there the size of your thumb from the end to the first joint, but a foot long, lol, I think I would leave them alone!

[MENTION=10373]bebowebb[/MENTION] Thanks brother, glad you enjoyed them.

[MENTION=16202]Ardfarkl[/MENTION] Thanks Mike.

[MENTION=12887]jefrow[/MENTION] Thanks Brian, the lens I was using is a Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM It is a really nice prime lens, I REALLY like it. It also takes phenomenal portraits.

Comment

Pretty cool shots

Comment

Working...
                X