Asian Forest Scorpion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian Forest Scorpion

This is my Asian Forest Scorpion. Its about 5 inches from "nose" to the tip of its tail, so I think it's got some more growing to do. From what I understand, they can get over 8 inches long. What I really like about this guy is that he isn not shy at all! Hangs out in plain view most of the time, even though he's got a nice cork bark hide.

"It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Re: Asian Forest Scorpion

Very cool scorpion.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve!

What I find interesting about this guy, and African Emperor scorpions, is the fact that they don't kill their prey by stinging. The venom of both species is relatively weak. The kill their prey mainly by crushing them, which is why their claws are so much larger than other species of scorp. These guys just grab and crush, as opposed to grab and sting.

It is pretty wild watching the Striped Tails attack their prey though. They'll get in close, grab on, sting about a half dozen times, and then back off and wait for the venom to do its work.
      "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

I had an Emperor when i was 14. i loved that thing. i swear to you and everyone here that it would play with me. i know that it did not have the brain to know me or anything, but i swear it did. i used to lay it on my chest and watch tv and pet him every once in a while. do you ever "play" with your little guy there or are they less social than the emperors? either way, i am going to have to pick up one of those now.

Comment

Working...
        X