Scorpions Everyone Owns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpions Everyone Owns

I am working on my scorpion collection...so it is in progress, I promise you! It has remained at its current status for the last few months, but I am hoping to expand it as soon as I can find some Hadrurus pallidus and start a communal set-up with my current Hadrurus arizonensis.

So far, I have:

1.1.0. Hadrurus arizonensis
    0.1.0. Babycurus jacksoni

I know, a small collection, but I like it.

What do YOU have?

Re: Scorpions Everyone Owns

I know other people have scorps besides me! lol.

Comment

I used to keep a few and tarantulas too. But here lately I'm just a snake keeper. I would like to get back into them though.

Comment

I want Scorpions and tarantulas...convince the wife that they will both ward off cockroches..and I can get 600 of them....

Comment

My son has an Emperor. She just had babies too. Here is a small slide show he made:

YouTube - My Emperor Scoripion had Babies

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Petty View Post
            My son has an Emperor. She just had babies too. Here is a small slide show he made:

YouTube - My Emperor Scoripion had Babies
            wow that was pretty kool

Comment

Originally posted by davenkelly View Post
              I want Scorpions and tarantulas...convince the wife that they will both ward off cockroches..and I can get 600 of them....
              LOL! That's pretty funny...sorry, though, I don't think they ward off anything...though, I have not ever had a problem with roaches...lol

Originally posted by Larry Petty View Post
              Cool beans! Thank you for sharing that! Pretty awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Harveys Herps View Post
                I used to keep a few and tarantulas too. But here lately I'm just a snake keeper. I would like to get back into them though.
                I completely understand that one...I'm actually trying to slim my collection of Ts down, just so I can make room for my expanding snake needs (ie, they need bigger cages). That, and I want to be able to spend more time with my snakes. I LOVE my Ts and scorps, but I figure I probably enjoy my snakes much more...

But, now is the time to get into them! Prices have fallen dramatically over the past year alone...this is kind-of reminding me of the housing market...

Comment

Why are the babies white?

Mel

Comment

I have this one and a few similar...

Comment

Originally posted by mbraun3 View Post
                      Why are the babies white?

Mel
                      There are actually many thoughts on this, as not all scorpion babies are white:
                      1. Due to a natural occurrence/tendency (natural selection, evolution) burrowing scorpions produce white babies; whereas, others produce more coloured offspring. Scorpions actually make good parents, and will "raise" the offspring untill they are old enough to fend for themselves. So, burrowers, being sealed off from predators and the outside world, do not need the colouration to blend into the surroundings like their counterparts. Pandinus imperator (emperor) is a burrowing scorpion...that being the case, the babies are born white. At least, this is just one assumption.

2. Another thought is that some babies are born more scerotized than others, and the trait has just been passed down different lines...though, it seems the lines have also passed along the version of burrowers vs. hunters/foragers.

Other than that, I can't tell you much...lol. But, I think this will give you an idea.

Comment

Anybody else with scorpions? I know you have them...or want them!

Comment

Working...
                        X