This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jayson, let's start a new one

As far as best starter T, I would say a mexican red knee, chilean rose hair or a curly hair would probably be the best ones to start with. NO, you can not house two of them together. They will kill each other. The only time you can house two of them together is if you are breeding them, and even that has to be watched very closely. If you have a 20 gallon long tank, you can place a piece of glass in the middle of the tank to separate the two sides, then you can have two in one tank. But that would be the only way. No, I wasn't scared the first time I held one. You just have to be very calm and still. No sudden movements!!!! even a 6 inch fall can kill a T. Their exoskelotons are very fragile!! I would recomend going to a pet store and just asking if you can hold one of the T's, just to get a feel for how it is.

Re: Jayson, let's start a new one

Sweet! Thanks alot! I heard that the mexican red knee is one of the most docile tarantulas out there. I'm sorry if I ruined your other post about the swap. I've always thought T's were cool. what kind of temperatures do you have to keep T's at? The red knee is a burrower right?

-jAySoN-

Comment

Thank You Evil for starting a new thread, i didnt want to have to remove the other posts for being off topic...8)The Red knee should be kept at 78 to 80 degrees and no the red knee does'nt burrow but does need some sorta hide house.. Mine likes to trash her cage and also stay out in the open..But every now and then she will be in her hide house..

Comment

8)Jayson, as far as keeping 2 or more Ts together thats a no no unless its pink toes in a large cage with lots of room for each T to have a place to build its webb home.. The only time a T should be in with another is like Evil sugested when they breed and even then you have to watch them very closely and be ready to wisk the male out of there so the female dont kill him..Never leave breeders together for days as you will wake up with both Ts dead or one eatting the other...

Comment

That wouldn't be good. I always like to try to get pairs so they have someone to chill with why I am at work. I didn't think you could put two togethor though. My pair of Savannahs rock. Thanks. Are T's hard to take care of? Do they eat every day? WHat do they eat when they reach 6"-8"??

Comment

Like Tracey, My Mexican Red knee just kind of sits on top of his cave and does just about nothing. Though I sware he starts dancing while I'm asleep. The patterns of footprints in the sand is kind of kool!!! No, I don't think T's are very difficult to care for. Just make sure they have the right temps, around 75-80 degrees, and reletivly low humidity, except during molt, then you raise the humidity. This is for the most common T's. There are some that need different husbandry. As far as feeding goes. I feed mine 6 crickets twice a week, unless they don't eat all the crickets, then it's 6 once a week. It just depends on the day. They continue to eat crickets even when they get 6"-8". You can occasionally feed them a pinky mouse, but I try to stick with Crickets and cocroaches, which has a lot of vitamins and protein!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X